One of the worst hindrances to losing weight is taking in empty calories through drinking. Most alcoholic drinks consist of hundreds of calories per drink, and typically you consume more than one at a time. If you can cut out alcoholic beverages from your diet you an undoubtedly going to lose a good amount of weight.
Remove all alcoholic beverages from your diet. If you drink one beer a night on average which consists of 150 calories, you are going to be cutting out 1050 calories a week, which after three months you'd actually lose 4 pounds just by doing so.
Drink water instead of the alcoholic drinks. Replacing alcohol with soda or juice isn't going to help you lose weight as these drinks still consist of large amounts of calories.
Sip on a diet soft drink, tonic or even cranberry juice when you are out with friends and you don't want to just drink water. This is often the toughest part about abandoning alcohol as often times you congregate with friends over a drink.
- Photo Credit glass of alcohol image by Gleb Semenjuk from Fotolia.com
- Alcohol & Losing Weight
- Cutting Out Alcohol to Lose Weight
- Why Do People Gain Weight After Quitting Drinking?
Can You Lose Weight Drinking Coffee?
To lose weight, you must burn more calories than you consume over a set period of time. The caffeine in a cup...
- How to Stop Drinking Alcohol
- How to Lose Weight and Still Drink Beer
- How to Care for the Mouth After Having a Tooth Pulled
- How to Quit Drinking Beer and Lose Weight