Hair bows are popular with cheerleaders, young girls, and adults for special occasions. Making hair bows to sell at a craft fair can be a lucrative endeavor. Bows are easy to make and the materials are inexpensive. How do you display those hair bows so that customers can browse through the different designs easily? There are several options that work well to put your best pieces on display for others to see.
Things You'll Need
- X-acto knife
- Hole punch
- Display rack (optional)
- Rotating display (optiional)
- Pegboard (optional)
- Small statues (optional)
- Life-sized dolls (optional)
- Index cards (optional)
- Business labels (optional)
- Grosgrain ribbon, 3-4 inches wide, 2 feet long (optional)
Post Cards Display
Purchase custom postcards. These can be purchased through online companies like Vista Print or Overnight Prints and customized with your business name.
Cut two slits in the middle of the card with an X-acto knife. These slits will allow you to place a clip with hair bow on the card. Off-set the location of the slit for best display advantage of your card.
Punch a hole in the top of the card with a large hole punch. The card can then be hung on a small hook attached to a display rack, rotating display or pegboard.
Display bows on small statues. For example, you might wrap a bow on an elastic band around the head of a small teddy bear statue, or something more classic like the Venus di Milo.
Add bows to child-size dolls. Dressing a pretty doll with some of your bows can help customers see how the bow might look on an child.
Cut a three to four inch wide grosgrain ribbon about two feet long. The ribbon can then be hung from a coat hanger or nail. The hair bows can be clipped down the length of the ribbon in whatever manner pleases you. This is the most inexpensive solution to displaying hair bows.
Cut slits in index cards and display bows on simple white or colored, non-lined cards. If you want to customize the cards, print some labels with your business name and contact information and place on the back of the cards.
Tips & Warnings
- Make a few bows while customers are at your craft fair booth. They will see that you can do custom work. You may even want to make a bow to match a child's outfit and offer it as a gift to entice others to buy your bows.
- Grosgrain ribbon can be purchased at most fabric stores. It is a stiff, ridged ribbon with a double ridge on the sides.
- If you have a few extra dollars to spend, you can buy ready-made display cards from sites like Hair Hardware and Hip Girl Clips.
- Hip Girl Clips: Where Can I Buy Custom-Made Hair Bow Display Cards?
- Andrea Rettinger: Craft Enthusiast & Hair Bow Maker: Bedford, Indiana
- Photo Credit bows image by Dariusz Urbanczyk from Fotolia.com
How to Sell Hair Accessories
If your friends rave about the accessories that you've created to adorn your or your daughter's hairstyles, consider ways to sell them...
How to Display Your Crafts at Shows
How crafters display their creations at craft shows is an important marketing tool in selling crafts. Crafters only have a few seconds...
How to Make Hair Clip Display Cards
If you sell handmade hair clips, barrettes or hair jewelry at festivals and craft shows, you will need display cards for your...
How to Make a Hair Bow Display Card
Selling your hair bows and clips is a good way for a crafty personal to earn some money. Displaying your bows to...
How to Make a Display Rack for a Craft Show
When designing a booth for a craft show, two of the most important factors are making the most of your space and...
How to Display Headbands at a Craft Fair
Display handmade headbands at a craft fair so that potential customers can see every style you have for sale. Allowing customers to...
Ideas for a Hair Bow Vendor Booth
Let customers try on hair bows in front of mirrors, or showcase mannequin heads with ribboned tresses to maximize the potential of...