Making dinner for your family after working hard all day can be a little daunting. With a CrockPot slow cooker, you can prepare a healthy and nutritious dinner for your family in the morning that will cook all day and be ready when you get home.
Things You'll Need
- One bottle of prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of Water
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
Preparation of Chicken
Clean the chicken by running the breasts under cold water. Pat them dry. (You can do this the night before you prepare the food, in which case, after cleaning and cutting the chicken, put the chicken in a sealable plastic bag or bowl.)
Cut the chicken in half or thirds on your cutting board on the morning of the day on which you want to cook the meal. Cutting the chicken up allows the barbecue sauce to seep into the chicken. Remove any excess skin or parts of the chicken that do not look edible.
Drop the chicken into your crock pot. Add half a cup of water, then add the barbecue sauce on top of the chicken, covering the chicken completely. Set the crock pot on high while you are getting ready for work, then turn to low before you leave for the day. Cook the chicken for between 8 and 10 hours.
Serve the chicken with a premade salad or a can of green beans you can microwave, along with a baked potato or easy-to-prepare mashed potatoes from a box.
Tips & Warnings
- Preparing the chicken the night before saves time in the morning.
- Boxed mashed potatoes are easy to prepare and delicious with the chicken; use the barbecue sauce as gravy.
- Cleanup is easy: after removing the chicken from the CrockPot, fill the pot with water and let it soak while eating your dinner.
- Do not lift the lid on the crock pot while cooking. Twenty minutes of cooking time is lost every time you raise the lid.
- Photo Credit chicken lean meat image by Maria Brzostowska from Fotolia.com pile of cut chicken with knife image by David Levinson from Fotolia.com raw chicken breast image by sumos from Fotolia.com
How to Make Crock-pot Chicken
When you return home at the end of the long day, the last thing you want to do is make dinner. With...
How to Make Roast Chicken Dinner in a Crockpot
Crockpots allow for foods to cook over a long period of time without using the oven. You can cook foods by themselves,...
How to Barbecue Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Slow cooker BBQ chicken offers endless possibilities as you can use it for a delicious sandwich topping or a perfect taco filling.
How to Cook Chicken in a Crock Pot
A simple and effective way to cook a whole chicken in a crock pot with tips on searing, carmelizing and bone broth...
How to Make BBQ Pulled Chicken in a Crock Pot
Barbecue pulled chicken is a filling and simple meal that practically cooks itself in a crock pot or slow cooker. Combining a...
How to Cook Chicken Wings in a Slow Cooker
Juicy and flavorful chicken wings made in the slow cooker. This recipe is as easy as it is delicious.