How to Update Your Passport at AAA


The American Automobile Association (AAA) is a U.S.-based company that offers roadside automobile service to its members for a monthly fee. Aside from roadside services, AAA also offers assistance in getting airline tickets and automobile insurance, as well as passport renewal. If you have an expired passport and need to travel overseas, you will need to get your passport renewed. Instead of going to a passport agency and paying the high processing fees, you can go to your local AAA office and get your passport renewal processed there, taking advantage of member discounts.

Contact AAA and get the address to the closest branch to you. You can find the toll free number at the back of your AAA membership card or online at their home page (see Resources).

Complete “Form DS-82: Passport Renewal” (as of Jan. 2011) online (see Resources) and print it out at home. You can also fill out the DS-82 at your local AAA branch if you don’t have a computer and/or printer at home.

Get your passport photos taken. Go to a photo studio and tell them you need passport photos. You can find a photo studio at most shopping malls, or you can get your passport photos taken at your local post office.

Proceed to your local AAA branch and submit the processing fees, along with your expired passport and form DS-82.If you want to expedite the processing time, you will need to pay “Rush Fees” and show proof that you are leaving the U.S. soon.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

How to Travel For Free With Reward Points

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!