Chucky is the main character in a series of five movies -- “Child's Play,” “Child's Play 2,” “Child's Play 3,” “Bride of Chucky” and “Seed of Chucky.” The movies center around the horrific antics of a doll impregnated with the spirit of fictional murderer Charles Lee Ray, or Chucky. The doll Chucky commands is a child's plaything. He begins the series as an amiable looking figure and gains scars, blood spatters and wear and tear as the series persists, becoming increasingly more sinister in appearance. A good Chucky costume stays true to the cinematic portrayal of this horror movie figure.
Things You'll Need
- Tailor's chalk
- Fabric paint
- Acrylic paint
- Rainbow striped long-sleeve shirt
- Spirit gum
- Face paint
- Wig fixative
- Hair spray
- Plastic knife
Trace the words “Good Guys” on the front of blue denim overalls using a pencil or tailor's chalk. Write the words in the center of the chest in bubble or block letters.
Fill in the traced words with red puffy fabric paint.
Remove buttons or rivets that hold the snaps in place on the front of the overalls. Replace them with red buttons.
Splash the overalls with red acrylic paint to simulate blood spatters.
Layer the overalls over a rainbow striped long-sleeve shirt.
Pair the outfit with red sneakers. The red sneakers should have white trim and white shoelaces.
Apply a line of spirit gum to your forehead, running diagonally from the left side of your scalp to your nose and across your right cheek. Allow the spirit gum to dry.
Create another line of scars using spirit gum across your right temple and lower right cheek.
Layer red theatrical face paint over the spirit gum to simulate the look of scars.
Tease the hair on a short carrot red wig with a comb. Apply wig fixative or silicone-based hairspray to make the hair stand up. The wig should take on a knotted, disheveled appearance. Put the wig on after applying the makeup.
Carry a large plastic knife with the outfit as a finishing touch on the Chucky costume.
Tips & Warnings
- Search your closet, thrift stores, yard sales and consignment shops for the clothing components of a good Chucky costume.
- Omit the scars and blood spatters for a rendition of Chucky before his true nature is revealed.
- Spirit gum is traditionally used to attach false facial hair. It is readily available from costume shops and Halloween supply centers. Red facial paint is also available from these venues.
- Red lipstick can be used in substitution for red facial paint.
- Coolest Homemade Costumes: Chucky and Chucky's Bride Costume 6
- Coolest Homemade Costumes: Chucky Costume 9
- Coolest Homemade Costumes: Chucky Costume 3
- "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Crafts with Kids"; Georgene Muller Lockwood; 1998
How to Create a Pokemon Costume - Brock
Pokemon co-star Brock, traveling companion of Ash and Misty, has a penchant for cute girls and sports an urban commando look.
How to Replace Doll Hair
One of the most entertaining parts about owning dolls is customizing them. While children customize their dolls through changing outfits, adult doll...
How to Make a Moon Costume for a Child's Play
Your child can look like a shining star disguised as a moon for his next stage play or costume party. In no...
How to Make Homemade Pinhead Costumes
Pinhead scared audiences when he first appeared in the horror movie "Hellraiser" in 1987. Since then, many costumes in his likeness have...