When your Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) TV has fingerprints on it, some areas that should look bright will appear dull. Depending on the lighting in the room, those fingerprints may shine slightly in bright light or look like black spots when the set is turned off. Dry dusting alone won't remove fingerprints. You will need to use a lightly moistened nonabrasive cloth to remove the fingerprints.
Things You'll Need
- Lint-free microfiber cloths
- Anti-static cloths (optional)
- Distilled water
- LCD-approved cleaner (optional)
Turn off and unplug your LCD TV. Wait for it to cool.
Use distilled water or an LCD-approved cleaner to lightly dampen a lint-free microfiber or anti-static cloth.
Wipe the fingerprints with circular and side-to-side motions. Apply light pressure only. Pressing the screen using heavy pressure can damage it. Wipe the entire screen with a dry cloth.
Step to the right of the screen and look at it from an angle to check for any missed fingerprints. Repeat on the left side. If you still see fingerprints, repeat the wipe and dry procedure.
Tips & Warnings
- Never touch the screen with a wet or dripping cloth. The cloth should only have a very slight dampness to it.
- Never use ammonia, benzene or bleach to clean the screen. Never use isopropyl alcohol unless otherwise recommended by the manufacturer of your LCD-TV.
- Don't use abrasive products like paper towels or scrubbing pads on an LCD screen. Take care not to scratch the screen with a fingernail.
- Never spray a cleaner directly on the LCD.
How to Clean a Plasma TV Screen
To get maximum enjoyment out of your plasma TV for as long as possible, you will need to take proper care of...
How to Clean Fingerprints on a CD
So you have never considered cleaning your CD no matter how often you have played it. With constant play and handling, it...
How to Remove Fingerprints From Woodwork
A few dirty or sticky fingerprints will make any beautiful woodwork or furniture look like an eyesore. Here's a neat solution to...
How to Clean LCD Screens
LCD screens are great for saving space and electricity. They are also more affordable than CRT screens and usually produce a better...
How to Remove Fingerprints From a LCD TV
Fingerprints can appear on your LCD television screen if you accidentally touch the TV screen when attempting to press the power button...