Volleyball is sport that blends physical activity with high-intensity fun. Team spirit is a prime component of volleyball and a female volleyball team must feel confident about their uniform and the way that they all look as a unit. Hair ribbons are an effective way to keep hair from flying in faces while concentrating on scoring and can be modified to fit a player's hair length. Purchase grosgrain ribbon with printed volleyball motifs, available online or at many craft or scrapbooking stores. If you cannot find printed ribbon in a color you need, choose a solid color that matches the team's uniform.
Things You'll Need
- Measuring tape
- Elastic hair ties
- Grosgrain volleyball ribbon
Cut at least six pieces of ribbon with each piece being 24-inches-long. To have an official volleyball team, there must be six team members. If there are any extra members acting as reserve members, cut extra pieces of ribbon in the same size for them. You may also want to cut a few extra in case some of the team members lose or damage their ribbons.
Pull the ribbon through the circular hair tie and hold both of the ends of the tie together so the hair tie is in the center of the ribbon.
Fold the ribbon, with one end folding beneath the other. Repeat the folding process with the other end. You are tying a knot in the ribbon so it stays in place on the hair tie.
Pull the tails of the ribbon so that the knot of the ribbon is facing you and on top of the hair tie. You want the right side of the ribbon to be showing upward. Pull tightly once more.
Tips & Warnings
- Some sports do not allow elastic hair ties with the metal pieces in them. Purchase your elastic hair tie accordingly.
- For team members with short hair, use a small barette that the team member chooses. You want it to be one that she will actually wear. Cut the ribbon to fit the barrette and use a low-temp glue gun to glue it to the barrette. Cut a "V" in the bottom of the ribbon or tie a bead in the bottom for extra design.
- Photo Credit Ball in the air image by Roy L. from Fotolia.com
- How to Make Hair Ties
How to Make Soccer Hair Ribbons
Soccer offers girls of all ages a chance to learn about teamwork, physical sports and dedication. One large component in feeling like...
- How to Make Glitter Sports Headbands
Incorporate some volleyball crafts into your next team meeting to build camaraderie among your players. With a little time and few simple...
Volleyball Locker Decorating Ideas
Locker decorating is often done by cheerleaders, but volleyballs players can also use this form of school spirit as a team bonding...
Decoration Ideas for a Volleyball Banquet
Celebrate the victories and the memories of your volleyball team with an end-of-the-season volleyball banquet. Invite family and friends to a banquet...