So you've just acquired a new cell phone and it has already been activated and programmed, and you have called up your friends and family to let them know of your new number -- but you have not added any contacts in the phone yet. Well, adding contacts to your phone is simple. In the end, it will be easier to find a contact within your phone instead of memorizing all of those numbers. Add the name and phone number -- the basics of what the contact information should include.
Things You'll Need
- Cell Phone
Find and select the "Contacts" menu on your new phone.
Select "Add New" or "Add," to begin adding the contact information.
Type in the name of person you want to add in the "Name" field. Scroll down and fill in the "Phone Number" field as well. Continue to add phone numbers if your contact has more than one telephone number.
Type your contacts' email or website information in the respective fields. This is optional, but can be helpful when sending texts or picture messages.
Click "Save" or "OK" to save the information in your phone. Your contact has just been added to your contact list. You can find the information alphabetically by name.
Repeat Steps 1 through 5 for each contact you would like to add.
Tips & Warnings
- Each phone menu is different. Menu icons may vary, or additional contact information can be added.
- You may be able to associate pictures with the names in your contact list.
- Some phones will automatically save the contact to the phone's SIM, or subscriber identity module card, which stores the contact information and other personal data.
- You can also add contacts when they call you, by saving their number and name.
- Remember to press "Save" after adding contact information.
- Photo Credit Louis-Laurent Grandadam/Photodisc/Getty Images adress bar image by Wiktor Osiecki from Fotolia.com ok telephone image by MATTHIEU FABISIAK from Fotolia.com
How to Add New Contacts to Magic Jack
Magic Jack is an inexpensive phone service that uses a computer and a high speed internet connection to. For the price of...
How Do I Get My Contacts From My Old Phone Into My New Blackberry?
With today's heavy reliance on address books, most people simply don’t know more than one or two of their contact numbers off...
How to Add Extensions to Outlook Contact Phone Numbers
Insert an extension number in Outlook telephone fields so you'll always have the required extension at your fingertips when you make a...
How to Add a Phone Number to a Skype Contact
Skype is a versatile software program that includes instant messaging, free video calling and Internet calling. Skype's VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)...