Some phones have a subscriber identity module that they use to connect to their mobile network. Inserting a compatible SIM card into the phone lets you use the phone number associated with that card with your phone. If you have a Windows Mobile phone, your phone has a feature that allows you to put a PIN lock on your SIM. The SIM lock prevents unauthorized users from inserting their SIM card into your phone by requesting the PIN during the process. To turn off these features, you need to access the SIM security menu.
Click "Start" on the Windows Mobile phone.
Click "Call settings."
Set SIM security to "Off."
Enter the current SIM security PIN if prompted. Press the "Enter" key.
Tips & Warnings
- The default SIM PIN is often either 1234 or the last four digits of your phone number.
- If you don't know the current SIM security PIN, you won't be able to turn it off. If you don't know the PIN, contact your mobile service provider. They can help you reset your SIM PIN.
- Some people confuse the security password with the SIM PIN but there is a big difference. The security password is the password that locks your entire phone, but the SIM PIN is only for the phone's SIM.
- These instructions may vary depending on the model of Windows Mobile phone you are using.
- Photo Credit Comstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
How to Remove a Mobile Home Window
Mobile home windows are often made with weak aluminum frames. When the frames bend or develop leaks between the frame and the...
How to Hide Contacts on Windows Mobile
Some contacts just aren't worth flaunting on your Windows Mobile-based phone. If you need to keep a contact's information hidden for security...
How to Retrieve a T-Mobile Pin
Each T-Mobile phone comes with a SIM personal identification number (PIN) that you must enter before you install a new SIM card...
How to Disarm Electrical Traps in "Sims 3"
In the expansion pack "The Sims 3: World Adventures," your Sim can travel to exotic locations and explore ancient catacombs; however, doing...