Chairpads that won't stay in place are an unnecessary annoyance. It is annoying when a chair pad slides to the floor when you stand and can be even more annoying when the pad slips out from under you when you sit. Preventing a chair pad from falling out of place keeps the pads clean and the chair comfortable. You can anchor the pad in place without damaging the pad or the chair.
Things You'll Need
- Rubber non-slip shelf liner
- Upholstery thread
Place the cushion on the chair. Use pins to mark the spots on the edge of the cushion where it touches the vertical bars on the back of the chair.
Cut two, 10-inch lengths of ribbon. Cut the ends of the ribbon at an angle so they willl not unravel. Choose ribbon that matches the color of the chair cushion.
Sew the center of the ribbon to the edges of the cushion in the places marked with a pin. Use heavy upholstery thread to sew on securely.
Place the cushion on the chair.
Tie the ribbons around the bars of the back of the chair.
Tips & Warnings
- Use bias or twill tape instead of ribbon.
- Use short strips of folded fabric with velcro sewn on the ends instead of ribbon for a more tailored look.
- Place a piece of non-slip shelf liner between the chair and the cushion. This will keep the cushion from moving and pulling the ties loose. Cut the liner slightly smaller than the cushion so it will not show.
- Photo Credit Child's Chair With Cushion image by Scott Williams from Fotolia.com
How to Keep Pads on the Bottom of Wooden Chair Legs
Pads on the bottom of wood chair legs prevent the furniture from scratching the floor. The scratch marks eventually cause the expensive...
How to Make Chair Pads
Chairs are used in homes, at work and at school. We sit on them to relax, to eat and to talk. Some...
How to Keep Sofas From Sliding on Porcelain Tile
Porcelain tile is beautiful, but it's also slippery and scratches easily. Tile that has recently been cleaned or waxed makes for an...
How to Restuff a Couch Cushion
Worn couch cushions can become uncomfortable or sometimes even unbearable to sit on. A good couch doesn't need to be tossed out...
How to Keep Couch Cushions From Slipping
To keep couch cushions from slipping, especially leather or vinyl cushions, use no-slip mats available for rugs, and place them underneath each...