The Amulet of the Fates is an item that grants Kratos the ability to slow down time in “God of War 2.” This item is found in the Temple of Lahkesis. Slowing down time is required to complete several puzzles in the game. One of these puzzles occurs immediately after finding the Amulet of the Fates. The yellow gauge indicates how long Kratos is able to slow down time. The effect from the Amulet of the Fates lasts until the gauge is completely depleted.
Things You'll Need
- Amulet of the Fates
Find a Fates Statue. This is a statue of a woman holding a green crystal above her head. These statues begin to appear in the Temple of Lahkesis after finding the Amulet of the Fates.
Walk toward the Fates Statue until the crystal begins to glow.
Press the L1 and R1 buttons on the controller at the same time. This activates the Amulet of the Fates, which slows down time.
Tips & Warnings
- The presence of a Fates Statue in “God of War 2” indicates you are near a puzzle that requires you to slow down time.
- The yellow gauge for the Amulet of the Fates automatically recharges. You do not need to collect orbs to refill it like the other gauges.
- Pressing the R1 button will immediately turn off the Amulet of the Fates. This can result in immediate death in some areas where you need to slow down time. Do not attempt to open chests or use the grappling hook while using the amulet.
- “God of War II: Manual”; 2007
- GameFAQs: God of War II (PS2) FAQ/Walkthrough
- Game Guides at GameSpot: God of War II Game Guide - Page 15
- Photo Credit Thinkstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
How to Melt the Ice on God of War 2
God of War II for the PlayStation 2 follows the adventures of Kratos, a mortal-turned-god in an Ancient Greece setting. You'll have...
Codebreaker Cheats for God of War II
"God of War 2," a Playstation 2 mythological action game, pits grizzled hero Kratos against the might of Mount Olympus. The battle-scarred...