Integrating an MLS search on your personal website can help your clients find a home without leaving your website, therefore ensuring that you are the one they contact to make their purchase from. Integrating an MLS site to your own can be expensive, with services ranging from $50 to $300 a month on top of your regular MLS fees. However, you can integrate your MLS search engine without having to pay any extra using a simple HTML function.
Things You'll Need
- HTML editor
Open the HTML page you want to integrate the search on. You can use the homepage or a dedicated search page.
Enter this code in the page:
<iframe src="http://YOUR-IDX/MLS-PROVIDER" style="width: 100%; height: 100%"
scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0" hspace="0">
Save the page on your server.
Tips & Warnings
- You can use that code to integrate the IFRAME anywhere on your site.
- Some IDX/MLS provider will allow you to use CSS to render their site using the same theme you are using on yours.
- The width and height of the IFRAME is used to determine the size of the IFRAME. In that case we used 100 percent and 100 percent for the IFRAME to take the whole page. Modify the two parameters to have the frame fit the page you want to use it on.
- Some MLS providers specifically forbid that kind of use, as they also sell packages to integrate on a website.
- Photo Credit house image by hans slegers from Fotolia.com