Caffe lattes sound fancy, but with the right equipment, you can make one in minutes. If you're fortunate enough to have an espresso machine at home, you can skip the pricey brews made at a coffeehouse and make your own homemade version quickly and inexpensively. This simple drink is merely espresso mixed with steamed milk. You can tailor it to your preference, adding flavors to make it even more delicious.
Things You'll Need
- Espresso machine or coffeemaker with espresso capabilities and steam attachment
- Espresso powder
- 10 ounces milk
- Large or latte mug
- Chocolate shavings, cocoa powder, cinnamon (optional)
Make a shot of espresso using your espresso machine or coffeemaker.
Steam ten ounces of whole milk in a large or latte mug. If your coffeemaker doesn't have a steam attachment, you can use an immersion blender in milk that has been heated on the stove or in the microwave.
Add the espresso to the steamed milk.
Add toppings of your choice to create another layer of flavor, like cocoa powder, cinnamon, or chocolate shavings.
Tips & Warnings
- You can substitute any type of milk for whole milk. To reduce calories, try skim milk. To boost protein, use soy or almond milk.
- Use care when steaming milk. The foam gets very hot and can bubble up over the edges of the container quickly. Take care to avoid scalding your hand or wrist.
- Photo Credit rosetta latte image by Felix Chen from Fotolia.com
Immersion Blender Vs. Hand Mixer
The immersion blender and the hand mixer are very useful tools in the kitchen. Both appliances may be used to generally blend...
How to make Starbucks Cafe Mocha's at home
Ever wondered how to make that Starbucks Espresso at home, well here you go.
How to Make a Cheap Mocha Latte
Little indulgences can add up to a lot of money. Take your coffee, for instance: If you're used to stopping at a...
Uses for an Immersion Blender
Although immersion blenders have been available to the home cook for only the last 20 years or so, they have been used...
Types of Food You Can Blend in a Blender
A blender can be used just like a food processor to do an array of tasks, from making breadcrumbs to soups to...