A universal source of fun for children is bubbles. There are quick, easy ways to make super bubbles at home with ingredients you have readily available in your kitchen. Usually, a bubble quickly pops when it comes into contact with any surface. The difference in a super bubble is that its ingredients make it stronger and able to bounce off some surfaces. These strong, iridescent bubbles provide hours of fun for children of all ages.
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- Shallow mixing container
- 2 tbsp. dish liquid
- 1 tbsp. glycerin or light corn syrup
- Wire coat hanger
Pour 1 cup of water into a shallow mixing container. Clean water with low additives works best. If you do not know the conditions of your tap water, use bottled water.
Stir the dish liquid and glycerin or light corn syrup into the water slowly.
Bend the triangle of the wire coat hanger into a large circle to make a bubble wand. Dip it into the shallow container and blow into the opening to make bubbles.
Tips & Warnings
- Dawn or Joy brand dish detergents are recommended.
- Glycerin makes more durable bubbles and won't attract insects as using sweet corn syrup will.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to make more colorful bubbles, but use plastic gloves as some colors may stain.
- As with all children's crafts, parental supervision is required. Be aware of any allergies anyone may have to any of the ingredients used.
- Photo Credit bubble image by saied shahinkiya from Fotolia.com