If you're looking for a quick way to flush your body of toxins and regain your health at home, try the Master Cleanse. The Master Cleanse (also known as "The Lemonade Diet") is an effective way of flushing out undigested food and other toxins from the body and it only takes 10 days. However, there is a price to pay. The Master Cleanse involves fasting; that is, while doing the Master Cleanse you cannot eat solid food of any kind. This is what makes this body flush somewhat difficult. If you have the willpower, the results will be worth it!
Things You'll Need
- Fresh lemons
- Maple syrup
- Cayenne pepper
- Purified or Ionized water
- Sea aalt (optional)
- Natural laxatives (tablet or tea)
The Master Cleanse
Gather your materials. Use the day or two before you start the flush to prepare your body for the shock of fasting by eliminating meat, starch, and junk food from your diet. Instead, eat fruits and vegetables. Use a laxative the night before you plan to begin the flush.
Begin the Master Cleanse. Use this recipe to make the "lemonade," which will act as your daily source of nutrients.
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons maple syrup (Grade B)
1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you can stand it)
8 ounces purified or ionized water
These proportions make one serving; mix each serving right before consuming it, in order to preserve the lemon's enzymes. Drink 8-12 glasses of this lemonade each day, along with as much water as you desire.
Flush your system. Every night at bedtime, take herbal laxatives or drink laxative tea; this will ensure that you have a bowel movement in the morning when you wake up. This is an important part of the Master Cleanse; bowel movements allow the body to get rid of toxins that clog up the intestine. Also, you may choose to perform a saltwater flush each morning. To do this, add 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt to a liter of water, then drink the liter as quickly as possible and wait for a bowel movement.
Maintain the Master Cleanse. After Day 3 (which is the hardest day for most people), your system will be much cleaner than when you started. As a result of this, you will find you do not crave food as much, and the Master Cleanse becomes easier for the remainder of the time.
End the body flush. You may choose to end the flush on Day 4 if you wish, although for the best results you should maintain the diet for 7 to 10 days. Do not perform the Master Cleanse for more than 14 days, as doing so could cause health problems.
Be careful of what you eat after ending the Master Cleanse. It is recommended that you eat only fruits and vegetables for the first day or two after the cleanse, allowing your body to get used to solid food again before eating starch foods or meat. You will find that you have decreased cravings for sugary or unhealthy foods, as your body is no longer addicted to them. Follow the urge to eat healthy. This will allow you to maintain the health gained by performing the body flush.
Tips & Warnings
- After the Master Cleanse, you may find that you have lost 5-10 pounds. In order to lose more weight, you can drink less lemonade and more water while on the diet. It is recommended that you drink a minimum of 6 glasses of the lemonade each day.
- Be very careful with body flushes; you could make yourself quite sick if you do not take care to let your body adjust from solid to liquid food and vice versa.
- Also, exercise caution with laxatives. Beware any flatulence while on the Master Cleanse, as it is most likely a bowel movement. Be prepared to eliminate a lot of liquid with little or no solid matter.
- Lastly, be careful with the saltwater flush. Drinking a liter of saltwater can make you gag and even throw up; if you find you can't handle the saltwater flush, use herbal laxatives instead.
- Photo Credit Lemonade image by Radu Razvan from Fotolia.com fruit and vegetables image by photo25th from Fotolia.com cold lemonade image by Kathy Burns from Fotolia.com toy toilet image by Wayne Abraham from Fotolia.com
How to Flush Out Your Body
The foods we consume and the elements that we are exposed to can result in a buildup of toxins. Flushing your body...
How to Flush Out Alcohol in Your Body
Flushing alcohol out of the body is one way to cleanse and detoxify. Alcohol is a toxic substance in high doses. Alcohol...
Natural Recipes for Body Cleansing
Body cleanses rid the body of toxins and impurities and help you to lose weight. Though scientists dispute the necessity of body...
Natural Body Flush Detox
Detoxing makes you feel better and rids your body of toxins that can cause health problems. But there are myriad ways to...
Homemade Detox Drink Recipes
Detox drinks can be used as a body cleanse for many conditions. Detox drinks may be taken to flush the body of...