Decorative, fragrant oil warmers impart a fresh scent throughout your home. Tealight candles are the primary heat source for traditional oil warmers, and they warm fragrant, essential oils to create an ambient home atmosphere. Oil warmers are available in a variety of colors and designs, and they are pleasant additions to a living room or bedroom, adding a subtle accent to home decor and diffusing a pleasant aroma in your home. Follow standard safety precautions to prevent injury.
Things You'll Need
- Tealight candle
- Household wooden matches
Place the oil warmer and tealight candle on a flat, clutter-free surface. Remove the oil dish, and set it aside.
Refer to the fragrant or essential oil's instructions, and add the appropriate amount of oil to the dish.
Insert the tealight candle into the bottom portion of the oil warmer. Create a complex, layered aroma by selecting a complementary scented candle. For example, a lemon-scented candle would complement lavender oil.
Light the candle with a wooden match.
Replace the oil dish on top of the oil warmer. The small flame warms the bottom of the oil reservoir, and the oil begins to simmer, instantaneously diffusing the scent throughout the room.
Tips & Warnings
- Essential oils are volatile. To increase the shelf life of the oils and to prevent evaporation, tightly secure the cap and store the oil in a cupboard.
- Burn an unscented tealight candle in your oil warmer to keep the oil's scent pure.
- Experiment with different scented oils to create new scents.
- Clean the oil warmer after each use.
- Avoid fire hazards by following the oil manufacturer's instructions.
- Keep the oil warmer out of reach of small children and pets.
- Do not leave the oil warmer unattended.
- Immediately extinguish the candle if the oil begins to smoke.
- Extinguish the candle before refilling the oil reservoir.
- Keep the oil warmer away from combustible products.
- Photo Credit candle image by Andrey Starostin from Fotolia.com amber bottle image by Allyson Ricketts from Fotolia.com Lamp for aromatherapy surrounded by violet petals image by Dmitry Rukhlenko from Fotolia.com
How to Safely Use a Fragrance Oil Warmer
Home fragrance oil warmers provide a quick and easy way to scent your home. They often make an attractive decoration as well....
How to Use Fragrance Oil Burners
Fragrance oil burners are an easy and affordable way to add fragrance to your home. For many, a space that smells nice...
How to Clean the Plug-in Scented Oil Warmers
Extend the life of a scented plug-in oil warmer with proper maintenance. Utilize both quick and deep cleaning methods to keep an...
Homemade Oil Warmer
Many people use aromatherapy for a variety of reasons. Some use eucalyptus, lavender and cinnamon to clear the air and kill germs,...
How Much Fragrance Oil Do You Use in an Oil Warmer?
Ditch the VOC-emitting air fresheners in your home and replace them with one or more essential oil warmers for simple, healthy, refreshing...