Many job and resume posting websites are costly for employers and job seekers. Some charge hundreds of dollars for employers and monthly subscription fees for candidates. However, more sites are offering this service for free.
Open an employer account on a website offering free listings. If it's your first time using the site, you will usually need to enter a first and last name, business name, e-mail address, and you'll be asked to create a login name and password.
Post your job opportunity. There will be various information requirements depending on the site you've chosen. To start, you will usually need the job title, your name or the company name, the job function, start date, pay range, contact number, e-mail address, job location and deadline.
Complete the job listing form. It is important to include all contact information: your city, state, zip code, country, job type (full-time or part-time), and classification.
Provide a detailed description of the job posting. Write the job description in an honest and forthcoming way. Do not oversell or undersell, but accurately describe the job and its expectations. It is important to use relevant keywords in your description, so that your listing will rise to the top of the search results. Keywords should include occupation-specific terms and multiple words or synonyms for describing the title and general job category.
Tips & Warnings
- Many states offer statewide job listing sites. A basic search on your favorite search engine will lead you to your state's site. Examples are: www.caljobs.ca.gov, www.employflorida.com, and www.minnesotaworks.net.
- Using www.ziprecruiter.com/post-a-job, you can enter a job listing that will be automatically entered on at least 10 free job boards.
- Some sites advertise "free" job listing services, but charge fees along the way for other services. Some sites will list a job for free, but not allow you to view resumes without paying a fee.
- Photo Credit job image by Andrey Kiselev from Fotolia.com
- How to Get Free Internet Advertising
- How to Advertise for a Job Vacancy
- How to Place Free Job Ads
How to Apply for Work in Australia
Australia provides a stable work environment with high standards of income and workers' rights. For this reason, the country draws workers from...
- Online Jobs That Are Free to Start
- Where to Post a Job for Free
Where to Find a List of Free Job Posting Sites
In a less-than-perfect economy, many people are seeking jobs. In the past, you normally turned to the Sunday edition of the local...