You can write a detailed and informative food technology evaluation that demonstrates your understanding of an ingredient or procedure. A food technology evaluation assesses every element of a food-related activity, including actions, equipment and changes in the ingredients. Food technology evaluations break down and analyze the steps of making and preparing food to show what technologies and processes are used. Everyday kitchen activities like whipping an egg or resting a ball of dough can be scientifically evaluated in this manner.
Choose a food or food making process that you have a passion for and are interested in learning more about. Food technology evaluations can be written on almost anything that involves the making of an edible product.
Write a three to five sentence introduction paragraph that briefly describes the reason you chose the topic and gives an overview of it.
Detail the various implements, tools and skills that are necessary to carry out the food production activity. Include information about how recently the equipment and techniques were introduced to cooking, if this information is available.
Draft data charts or explain your research on the food technology topic you are evaluating. Fully reference any research you choose to include.
Draw a conclusion about the food technology's level of importance in the kitchen. Show the passion you have for the topic in this closing section by including personal information or experiences that relate to the topic.
Tips & Warnings
- Practicing the food production activity or further familiarizing yourself with the selected ingredients will give you an up-close perspective on the topic that can come across in the evaluation essay.
- Avoid making statements about food technology that you are not able to back up with a high-quality reference or personal experience.
- Photo Credit liquid light image by Rich Johnson from Fotolia.com
- Methods of Job Evaluation
- How to Write a Professional Performance-Based Evaluation to Get Ahead in Your Workplace
How to Write a Teacher Evaluation
Providing effective and on-going feedback is a vital element in promoting quality professional growth in teachers. While there are many ways in...