"The Sims 2: Open for Business" is an expansion pack for "The Sims 2" computer game. From hair salons to toy stores to bakeries to restaurants, this expansion pack allows your Sims to operate almost any business. Once you start a business, the game gives you full control over all metrics of the operation--advertising, inventory control, customer service, hiring employees, pricing and even choosing a mascot. To run a restaurant business, you must have "The Sims 2: Nightlife" installed, in addition to "The Sims 2: Open for Business" expansion pack.
Things You'll Need
- "The Sims 2: Nightlife" expansion pack
Click on the phone icon and select "Start a business." Purchase a community lot and use the taxi to travel to that destination.
Build your restaurant by creating a building large enough to hold a dining area with three to four tables, a kitchen and a break room. At a minimum, make sure your building is at least 20 squares by 20 squares.
Add the podium to your restaurant by clicking on the "Buy" icon, selecting "Restaurant" and choosing "Misc." Place the podium inside your restaurant, near the front door.
Put the chef's station in your restaurant's kitchen by selecting the "Buy" icon, choosing "Restaurant" and selecting "Misc."
Hire at least two employees by clicking on the "Business" menu and selecting the Sims you'd like to work in your restaurant. Because you need a chef, one of these employees must have at least a "10" in "Cooking Skills."
Designate the Sim with the highest cooking skills to the chef station. Assign another Sim to work at the podium. Finally, assign yourself as a waiter.
Decorate your restaurant with upgraded lighting fixtures, tables, plants, video games and pool tables once your restaurant begins to show a profit. Add amenities to the staff's break room (microwaves, television sets and seating) to keep your employees happy. If you decide to add a bar, you'll need an employee dedicated to serving the bar area.
Tips & Warnings
- Cut back on your expenses by hiring your Sim's family members to help run the restaurant. Keep your family members on staff until the game requires you to hire outside employees.
- Any Sim assigned to the podium can wait tables in addition to her hosting duties. If the restaurant gets busy, assign the host to the podium-only.
- Your restaurant needs only one chair per table. Sims enter the restaurant individually, never in groups.
- Even though gelatin is a cheap dessert and your restaurant doesn't make much profit on it, keep it in stock at all times. Many Sims arrive at your restaurant without much money to spend. If gelatin isn't in stock, these Sims will leave without spending any money.
- Always keep your chef cooking food, even if you don't have any customers, as this increases her cooking skills. Place extra food in the display case for customers to purchase.
How to Make Money Without a Job in Sims 2
Does your Sim lack the desire to leave home and go to a job each day? Or perhaps she is a single...
How to Build a Sim's Charisma in Sims 2
A Sim's charisma skill is useful when it comes to certain careers. It definitely comes in handy for those Sims involved in...
How to Hire a Manager in Sims 2: Open for Business
The Sims 2: Open for Business is a video game for the PC or Mac computers. You run a business, starting from...
How to Build a Restaurant in "The Sims 2"
"The Sims 2 Nightlife" added several new items and destinations to the base game "The Sims 2," including a downtown neighborhood, cars...
How to Run a Restaurant in the Sims 2: Open for Business
“The Sims 2: Open for Business is an expansion pack that enables your Sims to run their own business. Your Sims can...
How to Make Custom Hair Colors for Sims on the Sims 2
Since it was first released in 2004, "The Sims 2" has given players the opportunity to create and destroy the lives of...