Sprucing up your home environment allows you to take control over the look and feel of every room in your house. Decorating an old bathroom in your home enables you to mix and match different colors, patterns and textures to make the old bathroom look new again. From shabby chic to modern and conservative, the decor scheme you choose is entirely up to you.
Things You'll Need
- Bathroom essentials (towels, shower curtain, etc.)
- Throw rug
- Assorted decor accents (wall art, knickknacks, etc.)
Select a color scheme you want to incorporate into the old bathroom. This makes choosing decorative accents an easier task, as you coordinate with the colors you have chosen. You can either match the old bathroom to the rest of your home's decor, or get bold and creative with bright and vivid colors.
Select bathroom essentials such as towels, washcloths, toilet covers and a shower curtain. Make the essentials match with your chosen color scheme.
Hang the towels and washcloths near the shower or bathtub of the old bathroom to serve as functional decor.
Select a small throw rug to be placed alongside the bathtub or shower of the old bathroom. Not only does the rug serve as a way to dry your feet after a shower, it adds a decorative touch to the environment.
Select some kind of wall art to accent the color scheme of your old bathroom. Bathroom art can be almost anything you choose, such as beach scenes, floral paintings, or inspirational plaques.
Arrange assorted knickknacks around the bathroom to draw attention to the decorative accents. Candles, small statuary items and potted plants bring attractive qualities to a drab, old bathroom.
Tips & Warnings
- Look at home decor magazines and websites to gather further insights on the style you would like to achieve in the old bathroom.
- Thrift stores and yard sales often carry items that can be used for budget-friendly decor in your bathroom, as well as the rest of your home.
- Photo Credit 32 year old bathroom image by Russell Espinoza from Fotolia.com colors image by dinostock from Fotolia.com