Many people like to purchase an astrological chart at least once a year, usually around New Year's, to try to predict their future. In addition, people often turn to astrological charts when they face personal challenges in such areas of their life as love, money, career and family matters. Those who are interested in astrology and are looking to start a home-based or Internet-based enterprise might well consider launching their own astrological chart business.
Things You'll Need
- A computer
- Funds to purchase software and a website domain and hosting
- Software to create astrological charts
- Software to interpret astrological charts
- A website domain name
- Website hosting
- Email account
- Website creation software
- Content for the website, such as a list of the 12 signs of the zodiac and a description of your astrological chart services
- A payment method at your website, such as ZenCart
- A marketing plan to drive traffic to your website and get customers
- Other related products to sell at your site as an affiliate (optional)
Log on to your computer and search for astrological chart software. Read reviews of the software. Download free trials. Draw your own astrological chart. Compare prices, features and reporting.
Search for chart interpretation software. Read reviews of the software and download free trials. Draw your own astrological chart. Choose the software and interpretation software you like best based on your comparison.
Choose a name for your astrological chart business. Go to a reliable domain registration and hosting service like hostgator.com or GoDaddy.com and register your domain. Pay the fee and look for your confirmation email with the details on your site.
Write content for your website, including information on the 12 signs of the zodiac and details about the products and services you will offer in your astrological chart business.
Go to your site and log into your control panel. Upload the software you will need to create your site, such as Wordpress blogging and webpage creation software. Upload the payment software you will need for your site, such as ZenCart.
Upload the content for your website pages. Upload the product details into your shopping cart.
Set the price for the astrological charts according to the amount of work it will take to run a customer's information and create an astrological chart for her. Provide your email address so she can get in touch with you to provide birth date and birth hour (if known) to create the chart. Save all data in the shopping cart. Run a test order to be sure everything in the cart is working.
Create a marketing plan for your new website and astrological chart service. Generate traffic for your site by using your URL in all your emails as part of your signature file.
Research other astrology-related products so you can become an affiliate and generate even more income from your website. Create the links for these products and add them to your site.
Tips & Warnings
- It will take up to two days for your website address to show at your hosting service. You can use this time to write your content.
- Find astrology-related websites, forums, and blogs you can participate in to advertise your services, but without spamming.
- Make sure you research how much people are willing to spend on astrological charts so you are priced competitively.
- Do not underestimate the time it will take to run the astrological chart software and deal with clients.
- Photo Credit zodiac image by NataV from Fotolia.com