Did you send something via FedEx only to find out the recipient has moved or will be out of town? Fortunately, it is possible to change the delivery address with FedEx simply by calling them. If you are using FedEx, you want to get it there quickly and securely, so FedEx is particular about the information it requires to reroute a shipment.
Things You'll Need
- Payment information on airbill
- Tracking number
- Valid contact phone number for recipient
Call FedEx and choose "More Options" from the automated menu until you are given the option to speak to a representative. Choose or say "Representative" when prompted.
Provide the representative with the payment information on the airbill, the tracking number and the new delivery address and phone number.
Confirm any changes in the delivery date with the representative.
Notify the recipient of a change in delivery date, if applicable.
Tips & Warnings
- Contact the recipient and confirm his address for the day of shipment before sending via FedEx. For instance, if he's traveling, he might ask you to deliver to a different location. Knowing this in advance will save you time and prevent a possible delivery delay.
- If you reroute a shipment to "Hold at FedEx" and the FedEx location is in the same city as the original delivery address, you will avoid a special handling charge. The recipient will have to pick up the shipment, so ask him if this is convenient.
- Rerouting requests must be made by phone by the sender. A recipient's request will only result in the shipment being held at a FedEx location in the same city as the original delivery address.
- FedEx reserves the right to charge a special handling fee for any rerouted shipment. This fee will be applied to the payment information on the airbill and will be listed as an "Address Correction" on the invoice.
- Rerouting a shipment might cause a delivery delay depending on the location and stage of delivery. Your FedEx representative will provide new delivery information at the time of your call.
- Photo Credit phone image by sanyal from Fotolia.com
How Do I Forward My Fedex Deliveries to My New Address?
Most Federal Express (FedEx) parcels are shipped in one day, though the company offers three-day deliveries at a reduced rate. When a...
How to Change a Shipping Address
Changing a shipping address can be easy, or it can be complicated. Much depends on where in the order process you decide...
How to Change a UPS Shipping Address
UPS gives customers the freedom to change shipping options after their package is already in transit. This option is beneficial if you...
How to Use a FedEx US Airbill
To ship an item by FedEx Express, you'll need to complete a FedEx shipping document. You will use a U.S. Airbill if...
How to Create a Return FedEx Label
Many businesses and private individuals use the FedEx delivery service to send shipments around the world. People sending FedEx parcels can include...
How Can I Track a FedEx Shipment?
Even though you've entrusted your package to Federal Express and feel confident it will be delivered on time, it's always reassuring to...
How to Change FedEx Shipping Information While in Transit
FedEx provides customers with the possibility of changing shipping information of a package while in transit. This service is called reroute request...
How to Address a FedEx Envelope
There are three ways you can address a FedEx envelope: by affixing your own printed address label, by having a FedEx employee...
What Are the Goals of FedEx?
Starting from an express delivery service provider, FedEx has become a diversified company with a large portfolio of related although different businesses....
FedEx: Address Requirements
FedEx ships just about anything, from computers to frozen seafood to flowers and plants to clinical samples. While the company has detailed...