Opening a restaurant in Oregon state is not an overly complicated procedure, but it does require some preparation beforehand. There are tax issues and permits to take care of prior to opening a restaurant.
Register your restaurant name and legal structure with Oregon Secretary of State Corporation Division.
Apply for a Federal Employer Identification Number through the IRS. Register for an Oregon sales tax ID.
Submit an application for a Food Service license with the Oregon State Public Health Division. Along with the application, a restaurant needs to submit its proposed menu.
Make all employees that handle food get a food handler certification. This requires passing a written exam given by the Oregon Public Health Division.
Obtain an Alcohol Service Permit through Oregon's Liquor Control Commission if alcohol is being served at the restaurant.
- Photo Credit newport brige oregon image by David Hofer from Fotolia.com
- Licenses Required to Start a Restaurant
- How to Open a Restaurant
- How to Open a Bar
- How to Open a Restaurant Business in Portland, Oregon
- How to Apply for a Business License
- The Requirements for Opening a Coffee Shop in Oregon
- What Permits Do I Need to Start a Restaurant Business?
- What Permits Are Needed to Open a Restaurant in Wisconsin?
- Requirements for Opening a Restaurant