How to Obtain Chinese Z Visa Health Check

A physical exam is required for a Z-class working visa to China.
A physical exam is required for a Z-class working visa to China. (Image: dr listen image by Kimberly Reinick from

China, like so many countries, requires a recent physical examination for a work visa. There are two ways to get an official exam. The easy way is to complete the visa application, go to China, and have your employer take you to a government-appointed hospital or medical clinic that performs health checks for foreign workers.

However, if you want to get your health screen out of the way before your travels, you can do so in your home country so long as you and your doctor follow the procedures precisely.

Things You'll Need

  • BG-14 Form: Physical Examination Record for Foreigner
  • AIDS testing report
  • Syphilis testing report
  • Three passport-size photos

Ask your future employer in China for copies of the BG-14, AIDS report and syphilis report forms. The employer should be able to send these as electronic attachments. Photocopy the two single-sided pages of the BG-14 into one double-sided page.

Attach passport-size photos of yourself to each of the forms where designated.

Visit your physician or a clinic. Present the forms and explain that they must be completed in their entirety.

Have your physician perform both AIDS and syphilis tests. When the reports from the lab come, see if the physician will give you the original report. The physician must sign and stamp both the lab reports as well as the forms from the Chinese government you gave him. He should use a stamp showing the clinic or office name and address.

Have the physician perform a physical exam meeting all the specific criteria mentioned on the BG-14 form. He'll need to not only record findings but also sign and stamp each page of the BG-14. In addition, ask for original copies of the physician's report or forms that he or she may use. Although the Chinese government only wants the BG-14, having the physician-originated forms may be useful as backup or for any additional inquiries.

Ask your doctor to perform a chest x-ray and EKG/ECG. Assuming you test negative for tuberculosis, ask the doctor to write "no sign of tuberculosis evident" in the box for chest x-ray exam. Ask your doctor for the original chest x-ray and the ECG reports. The Chinese government will want to see the original x-ray.

Make copies of all reports and documents for your records and keep them somewhere safe. Bring the original documents to China for submission.

Tips & Warnings

  • Check your forms over to be sure that all lines, boxes and signature lines are complete. The Chinese government is particular about forms being filled out precisely.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

How to Travel For Free With Reward Points

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!