Making your own professional stickers is one way to promote your business. Stickers can be handed out at local malls and shops, college fairs or at craft or industry fairs. You can make them at home using design software and a printer. You can purchase sticker paper at craft or office-supply stores.
Things You'll Need
- Design software
Design your sticker on a computer using design software. If you decide to draw your own design, you can scan it onto your computer, transfer it to your design software and it will be ready to print.
If your sticker is small, you may want to copy and paste several of the stickers onto one page so that you can use less sticker paper when printing.
Print one page of stickers on regular office paper to check for the correct color and design and to ensure the margins do not cut off any of the sticker's edges.
Consult your printer's manual to determine which side of the paper the printer will print on. Put the sticker paper into the printer tray so that the printer will print on the front of the paper and not the removable back.
Print the stickers and set them aside until the ink dries completely.
Cut out the stickers if necessary.
Tips & Warnings
- Purchase sticker paper that is simply one piece of sticky paper with a backing rather than one sheet of sticker paper broken into compartments. This allows you to make stickers of any size but will require you to cut them out by hand.
- Consider using clear sticker paper to give your sticker a more professional look.
- Carefully proofread your stickers before you print them. Consider giving them to a coworker to edit before printing them. Nothing will make your professional stickers look less professional than typos or poor grammar.
- Use waterproof sticker paper if you think your stickers will be used on something that may be exposed to the elements, such as a helmet, skis or a pair of headphones.
- Photo Credit runner girl image by jimcox40 from Fotolia.com
How to Make Rub-on Decals
Rub-on decals can provide beautiful results on craft projects, scrapbook pages or any sort of other household item. Rub-on decals can be...
How to Make Stickers on the Computer
Stickers are used for many reasons. You can make stickers on the computer for just about any thing you would like. Use...
How to Make Bumper Stickers to Sell
If you're good at conjuring up attention-grabbing designs and phrases, you just might have what it takes to design bumper stickers. Creating...
How to Get Free Skateboard Stickers
The creative artwork and graphics are often what boarders find attractive about skate stickers, which are used to individualize helmets and bottoms...
How to Make Your Own High Quality Stickers
There are only three things you need to make a great sticker: paper upon which to print, a good adhesive and a...