Many people use dryer sheets and fabric softeners to scent their laundry, but these methods don't always produce the desired results. Many of these products are either too lightly scented or fail to leave a lasting scent. For those who want to leave a longer lasting scent on their laundry, scented paper towels are a good alternative.
Things You'll Need
- Paper towels
- Perfume or body spray
Put your laundry into the dryer after it has been washed. Wet laundry will attract and hold the scent better.
Spray a single paper towel sheet with three to four sprays of perfume or body spray. If the perfume is diluted, use a few more sprays. When putting perfume onto the paper towel, hold it at least 4 inches away from the paper towel sheet before spraying.
Spray one or two more scented paper towels if you would like your laundry to be more heavily scented.
Add the scented paper towels to your laundry in the dryer immediately, and start the drying cycle. The warmer the drying cycle, the more effective the paper towels will be at scenting your clothing.
Tips & Warnings
- Use sturdy paper towels to decrease the chances of them disintegrating and forming lint all over your clothes.
- You can use body-safe fragrance or essential oils instead of perfume or body spray. If you do, use only three to four drops as they are more concentrated.
- Test the perfume or body spray prior to using it to ensure you won't have an allergic reaction to it. If there is a reaction, do not use it to scent your clothing, as it is likely the scented clothing will irritate your skin.
- Photo Credit laundry image by timur1970 from Fotolia.com
- How to Make Jeans Smell Better in Five Minutes
How to Custom Fragrance Your Laundry Detergent
Laundry detergent can impart a scent to your clothes, but the fragrances in commercial products are often cloying and overwhelming. With essential...
- How to Smell Good
How to Make Your House Smell Good for Days
In this article you will learn how to make your house smell beautifully for days on end. By simply using everyday sprays...
How to Make Laundry Smell Good
Laundry sometimes does not come out of the washer or dryer as fresh-smelling as a person would like. This can happen for...
How to Make Laundry Scent Last
Laundry detergent and fabric softener products come in a wonderful array of fragrances. From woodsy to floral, there are fresh scents to...
How to Get Clothes to Smell Good in the Dryer
Bad odors from stains and body oils can linger beyond the normal wash cycle. Dryers that are not clean and odor free...
How to Make Your Clothes Smell Great
Making your clothes smell great is easy by soaking them in water and vinegar before washing them to eliminate preexisting odors, using...
How to Clean a Perfume Spill
A perfume spill can be cleaned by using soapy water, baking soda and a dish towel. Discover how to clean a perfume...