A grease stain on your suede jacket or shoes isn't the end of the world (or the clothing), you can get oils stains out of suede. The key is knowing what you need to do and taking action quickly. If the grease stain is really set in, you may have to throw in towel, or the jacket, and call a professional. That said, it probably won't hurt to try to get the grease out of suede on your own, first.
Things You'll Need
- Soft Eraser
- Hand broom
- Soft cloth
Apply cornstarch to the oil stain on your suede item. Let it sit on the stain overnight. The cornstarch will absorb the oil while it sits.
Brush the cornstarch away from the oil stain.
Repeat steps one and two several times, unless the stain was completely absorbed by the first application of cornstarch.
Use a soft eraser to gently brush the area. This will help lift the nap up so it doesn't look matted.
If the stain is still present, dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently scrub the spot. Scrub gently in a back-and-forth motion, and use a soft cloth to continually dab off excess fluid.
Tips & Warnings
- Talcum powder or artificial sweetener can be used in place of cornstarch.
- Photo Credit Suede man"s low shoes on a white background image by terex from Fotolia.com
What Takes Motor Oil Out of Suede?
Suede is leather with a soft, napped finish commonly used as material for couches, shoes, coats and gloves. If a thick substance,...
- How to Remove Oil Stains From Faux Suede
- How to Clean Suede Shoes
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Suede Boots
- How to Remove Olive Oil Stains From Leather Boots
- How to Clean Oil From Ugg Boots
How to Clean Vegetable Oil Off Suede Shoes
Vegetable oil dripped or spilled onto suede shoes leaves a dark stain. Quick action from you can take care of this, however....
- How to Clean Oil Off Suede Boots
- How to Remove Olive Oil From Suede
- How to Clean Suede Shoes With Oil
How to Clean Grease Out of a Suede Couch
Suede fabric, like leather, cannot withstand cleaning with water. Other stain-removing tactics are required to combat stains such as grease on a...
- How to Remove Oil Stains on Nubuck
How to Remove Stains on Suede Boots
Suede boots never seem to go out of style. Whether they are ankle high, thigh high or cowboy boots, suede boots make...