Medi-Cal health insurance is provided by the State of California and is reserved for certain needy populations, including low-income individuals and families, disabled persons and seniors. Dental services are covered by Medi-Cal under its Denti-Cal program, but must be obtained from approved dentists. A list of these dentists is available by mail, phone or online.
Listings Available by Mail, Phone or Online
You can find a Denti-Cal dentist by reviewing the Denti-Cal provider brochure mailed to you when you enrolled in Medi-Cal. It lists the names and locations of Denti-Cal providers throughout your county of residence. You can also get this information from a Denti-Cal customer service representative by calling (800) 322-6384 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The Department of Health Care Services also provides a list of dentists on its website. Click on the "Beneficiaries" link at the top of the homepage. Under the "Most Popular Links" banner on the left-hand side, select "Find a Medi-Cal Dentist." Chose your county from the Dental Referral List at the bottom of the page.
- California Department of Health Care Services: Denti-Cal
- California Department of Health Care Services: Beneficiary Services
- California Department of Health Care Services: Beneficiary Telephone Service Center
- California Department of Health Care Services: Find a Dentist
- California Department of Health Care Services: Medi-Cal Overview
- Photo Credit mikanaka/iStock/Getty Images
- How to Find a MassHealth Dentist
- How to Find a Dentist Who Accepts UnitedHealthcare
- How to Reduce the Medi-Cal Share of Cost
- How to Choose Kaiser Permanente for Medi-Cal
- What Services Does Medi-Cal Cover?
- California Dental Insurance for Low Incomes
- Dental Terminology Abbreviations
- Nevada Medicaid Dental Benefits