Addressing envelopes by hand can be a time-consuming task. However, using the HP LaserJet P2015 printer can make the job much easier. There is a definite procedure to make the printing go smoothly, and there are a few tips and guidelines to avoid paper jams and prevent any damage to your printer.
Open the straight-through output door on the back of the printer.
Open printer Tray 1 and load the envelopes. Place the envelope with the side to be printed facing up and the top edge along the left guide. If the envelope has a flap on the short edge, load the envelope so that edge enters the printer first.
Adjust the Tray 1 guides to the width of the envelope. The guides should hold the envelopes securely, but should not bend them.
Select "Print" in your word processing application.
Select "Properties" from the Print window.
From the Print Properties window, select the envelope size and type. Make sure that Tray 1 is also selected as the source.
Click "OK" to close the Print Properties window.
Click "OK" to print the envelopes.
Tips & Warnings
- Print envelopes from Tray 1 only, using the straight-through paper path.
- The envelope's paper weight should not exceed 90 grams per meter squared (24 lb.).
- If envelopes do not lie flat, do not use them in the printer.
- Envelopes should not have any air trapped inside.
- Do not use envelopes that are damaged or have strings, clasps, transparent areas or cut-out areas.
- Only use envelopes with an adhesive that requires moistening. Do not use envelopes with pressure adhesives.
- Use envelopes with the following dimensions: 3.5 x 6.3 inches to 7 x 10 inches.
- Photo Credit colorful envelopes image by Marek Kosmal from Fotolia.com
How to Fix an HP Laserjet P2015 Printer
Each of the HP Laserjet P2015's two paper trays has a pickup roller. The pickup roller literally picks up the blank pages...