If you use Outlook to organize your email, you may encounter instances where you might unintentionally delete the Junk folder. If this happens, you can easily move the folder back into place. Email servers, such as Gmail, Hotmail, and Yahoo! Mail, all include the Spam folder as one of several default folders. If you use one of these servers, rest assured that there really is no way to delete the Spam folder, even accidentally.
Things You'll Need
- Outlook email address or username and password
Click on the link to the "Recover Deleted Items" folder after logging into your Outlook account.
Click the folder once to highlight it.
Drag the entire Spam folder out of your "Recover Deleted Items." If you inadvertently deleted your Spam folder and do not manually remove this folder from the Recover Deleted Items storage area, it will remain there until you empty the contents of this area. You should always check your Recover Deleted Items area to retrieve any emails or entire folders you may not have known were deleted before emptying out this area. Once you confirm deletion, this is a permanent command that cannot be reversed.
Tips & Warnings
- As the Spam or Junk folders are usually one of the default folders, this particular folder itself cannot be renamed.
- Also, if you have deleted individual email messages from your Spam folder that you decided were not spam, you can easily move those messages back into your Inbox. In Yahoo! mail, drag the message back into your Inbox. In Hotmail, checkmark the message, pull down the “Move to” toolbar and select “Inbox.” In Gmail, checkmark the message and click on the “Move to Inbox” button. These tasks will be not work, however, if you have already emptied the Trash folder; when this happens, any messages emptied from the Trash folder is deleted forever.
- Sometimes, messages that are not necessarily “junk” automatically land in your Spam or Junk mail folder. Before emptying the folder, you may want to occasionally sift through the messages in case important messages have been deleted.
- Photo Credit Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
How to Chat in Yahoo Messenger
Keeping in touch with friends and family around the world is easy to do with Yahoo! Messenger, a free instant messaging client...
How to Change Spam Folder Settings
Email servers, including Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail and Gmail, allow users to create their very own personalized emailing experience. One of the features...
How to Restore Your Junk Email Folder
Today, most email systems will delete a junk email folder every 10 days, every week or every month. Most of the time,...
How to Restore the Junk Mail Folder in Outlook
The "Junk Mail Folder" in Outlook is a useful tool for keeping your inbox free from unwanted messages. Occasionally, you may delete...