Getting a new office chair can add a clean, professional look to your office and help prevent back problems. Office chairs come in many shapes and styles, and many are designed for the user to put together. That saves you money on shipping and assembly costs. Putting an office chair together can be both challenging and rewarding. Once you're done, sit back and test your creation.
Things You'll Need
Read the chair's assembly instructions from start to finish. Note the numbers of parts and small pieces of hardware.
Lay out the sections of your office chair. Arrange them in the order of assembly.
Separate the small parts. Match the small parts to the parts list on the instruction sheet.
Assemble the chair according to the instruction sheet. Read through the directions and check your work as you put your office chair together.
Tips & Warnings
- If the directions are lost, contact the company and ask for a new set of directions, or search for the directions online.
- Recruit help. Ask someone who is experienced to help you with this project.
- Assemble the chair in the room where it will be located. It may be difficult to move a larger office chair through doorways.
- Take breaks. This will allow you to clear your head and give you a fresh view of the assembly process.
- Keep small parts together. Put them on a magnet or plate or in a bag to keep them from rolling off your work surface and getting lost.
- Schedule enough time to put your office chair together. Rushing may cause you to lose parts or skip steps.
- Photo Credit office green chair 2 image by ivan gusev from Fotolia.com
How to Put Together a Modeling Portfolio
A quality portfolio can definitely mean the difference between landing jobs and getting passed over. While some casting professionals and agents will...
How to Make an Office Chair Cover
When your office chair fabric begins to wear out, you don't have to throw the chair away. Instead, make a cover for...
- How to Assemble an Office Chair
How to Put a Mainstays Bath Caddy Together
Mainstays Home, a brand of the Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., features a diverse line of products for the home. Mainstays shower and bath...
How to Remove Office Chair Backing
Office chairs can be reupholstered. To decide if your chair should be reupholstered, carefully examine the overall construction of the chair. If...
How to Clean a Mesh Office Chair
Many office chairs are made of mesh, a highly durable material that fits into nearly any modern office decor. As with the...
- Office Chair Instructions
How to Fix the Pneumatic Adjustment on an Office Chair
Pneumatic office chairs can have the height adjusted by pulling on a small lever on the side. However, sometimes the pneumatics will...
How to Put a Disassembled Chair Back Together
Put front and back of a wood chair together again. Learn how to glue a wood chair for furniture repair in this...