A frozen banana daiquiri is a simple, tropical drink that was invented in Cuba in the early part of the 20th century. Frozen daiquiris have since become a staple of many different events, including outdoor barbecues, pool parties and even gourmet meals. This recipe makes four frozen banana daiquiris, but if you are making daiquiris for a large group, you can double or triple the recipe and store the drink in large pitchers on ice until needed.
Things You'll Need
- 6 oz. white rum
- 2 oz. Crème de Banane liqueur
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. Rose’s lime juice
- 1 ½ bananas, peeled and chopped
- Crushed ice
- Banana slices, for garnish
Pour the rum, Crème de Banane liqueur, fresh lime juice, Rose’s lime juice and chopped bananas into a blender and process at high speed for 15 to 20 seconds.
Add 1/8 cup crushed ice to and blend for an additional 30 seconds.
Transfer the drinks to four daiquiri glasses and add a half-cup of crushed ice to each glass. Garnish each glass with a banana slice and serve immediately.
Tips & Warnings
- You can make a variety of different fruit-flavored daiquiris using this simple formula, though you will need to adjust the type of liqueur you use based on the fresh fruit you have chosen.
- If the drink is not sweet enough, add a touch more Rose’s lime juice or a bit of simple syrup. To make simple syrup, simply dissolve ¼ cup of sugar into ¼ cup of very hot water.
- "The Bartender's Best Friend"; Mardee Regan; 2002
- "The Ultimate Bar Book"; Mittie Hellmich; 2006
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Creatas/Getty Images
How to Make a Chocolate Frozen Banana
If you have a taste for ice cream but want to eat healthy, a frozen banana may be just what you're looking...
How to Make A Frozen Strawberry Banana Daiquiri
A frozen strawberry banana daiquiri drink is a rich, creamy creation that should not take anyone long to make. Different versions of...