How to Get a Lost University Degree


A university degree can be used as a reference for the rest of your life. The diploma that reflects your degree provides evidence to employers and clients that you indeed have the educational background that you claim to possess. The majority of universities keep a record of the diplomas that have been issued from their institution. Therefore, when your diploma has been lost, you can get it replaced.

  • Contact the registrar at the college or university that issued you the diploma.

  • Provide the registrar with your name and major. He will be able to look up your diploma in the university's database. The registrar might require additional information, such as your Social Security number and date of birth, in order to verify your identity.

  • Ask the registrar how much you must pay to get a replacement diploma. Get the mailing address to send a check or money order to for a replacement diploma.

  • Mail a letter to the registrar that includes the required information about yourself and the reason you need a replacement diploma. Include a check or money order with the letter. Be sure to include the address to which the replacement diploma should be mailed.

  • Wait to receive your replacement diploma in the mail. It might be necessary to follow up with the registrar to ensure your letter and payment has been received. He also can advise you of how long you can expect to wait before receiving your replacement in the mail.


  • Photo Credit Thinkstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

Can You Take Advantage Of Student Loan Forgiveness?

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!