If you are having trouble reading your text messages or emails, you can increase the font size on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. Also, if you feel the font is too large, you can decrease its size. The changes are applied to all applications, including third-party apps. You can choose from five font sizes: tiny, small, normal, large and huge. Experiment with the font sizes until you find one you are comfortable with. Changing the font style may also make the text more visible.
Open the App library on the Galaxy Tab 2, locate the "Settings" app and tap it to display the Settings screen. You may need to swipe on the screen if you have many apps and the Settings app is not displayed on the first page.
Tap "Display" to view all settings related to your Tab's display. From this screen, you can change the font size, font style, screen timeout and brightness. You can also enable or disable screen auto-rotation.
Tap the "Font size" option and then tap the size you want to use. The font changes immediately, and the Font Size dialog closes.
Tips & Warnings
- Many apps, including Web browsers, have built-in options that you can use to change the font size.
- To change the font, tap "Font Style" instead of "Font Size" and choose a different font.
- Most Web browser apps have a zoom feature that you can use to enlarge the text on Web pages.
- To get the largest possible text size quickly, enable the "Large text" option in the Accessibility menu. Open the Settings app, tap "Accessibility" and then tap the "Large text" option to enable it. Note that the "Large text" option in Accessibility is basically the "Huge" option in Display. You won't get a bigger font by using the Accessibility menu.
- The Accessibility menu has other options that may be of interest. For instance, enable the "Speak passwords" option if you want the Tab 2 to speak each letter of your passwords as you type them.
- Some apps, like the Google Play Books app, have text-to-speech capabilities that you can use to make the tablet speak the text.
- Photo Credit Eldad Carin/iStock/Getty Images
How Do I Change the Text Message Format on My Cell Phone?
Text messaging is a handy tool to communicate with friends and family. Cell phones allow you to change the format of text...
How to Make the Font Larger on an LG QWERTY
LG QWERTY phones are compact and offer easy texting capabilities with their full, slide-out QWERTY keyboards. However, the drawback with smaller screens...
How Do I Change the Font Size Display in a Cell Phone?
Most cellphones sold today can be customized. Users can change factory default settings such as the ringtones, screensavers and font size to...
How to Change Font Sizes on a Computer
The default font size on a computer is based on a multiplier of your monitor's screen resolution. While the preset font size...