Munire baby furniture is made all of wood and intended to last as your child grows up. Their lifetime collection is constructed to convert from a crib to a toddler bed and then to a twin size bed. To convert a crib to a twin size bed, you will need to purchase a conversion kit. However, to convert a crib to a toddler bed, you just have to follow a few simple instructions. These lifetime cribs enable you to save money by not having to buy a new bed every few years.
Things You'll Need
- Allen key
- Furniture pad or mover's plastic
- Someone to help (optional)
Remove all bedding and the mattress from the crib. Slide the crib away from the wall to give you ample work space.
Locate the footboard and the four screws holding it on. The footboard runs the length of the crib and is shorter than the headboard. There are two screws holding it onto the width boards on each side.
Using the Allen key, remove each of the four screws. It is easier to have an extra set of hands while you do this. Have the extra person hold the footboard while you unscrew the screws. This will help the screws come out easily and prevent the footboard from falling and getting scratched.
Using the Allen key, remove all four mattress support brackets and move them to the lowest position. This will lower the mattress so that it is closer to the ground in order to lower the risk of harm if your toddler rolls out of bed. It will also make it easier for her to climb in and out of bed.
Cover the footboard with a furniture pad or mover’s plastic to keep it from getting scratched or dented while in storage. Keep the footboard protected because it will be used once the toddler bed is converted into a twin bed.
Replace the mattress and bed linens. The same mattress can be used while the bed functions as a toddler bed, but once it is converted to a twin bed, you will need to purchase a new mattress.
Tips & Warnings
- A small guard rail can be attached to the toddler bed to help stop the toddler from rolling out of bed while still allowing him to climb in and out of bed. A guard rail also prevents a gap forming between the mattress and bed which could trap body parts. This can be purchased along with the crib or conversion kit.
- Never put a toddler bed near a window where cords from draperies or blinds hang down within her reach. These cords can cause strangulation.
- MunireFurniture.com: Lifetime Cribs
- Assembly Instructions for Munire Toddler Bed (available from Munire)
- Photo Credit Visage/Stockbyte/Getty Images
How to Convert a Munire Toddler Bed to a Full Size Bed
Muniré is a prestigious baby furniture manufacturer. The company released its Lifetime 4-in-1 baby cribs, allowing your child’s bed to grow as...
How to Convert a Crib Into a Full-Size Bed
Invest in a crib that will work for a growing child from infancy to college. Consider a convertible crib.
How to Convert a Simmons Crib to a Bed
The Simmons Bedding Company is the manufacturer of a line of convertible cribs called the Crib 'N' More collection. These cribs can...
How to Convert Delta Cribs to a Toddler Bed
Many of the cribs manufactured by Delta Children's Products are designed to fit your child from the time she comes home from...