Etsy.com is a website marketplace where crafters can set up online shops and sell their handmade, vintage, or craft supplies products. Etsy features various homemade crafts ranging from knitted hats and beaded jewelry to ceramics and purses, just to name a few. Many crafters have turned their Etsy shops into full-time jobs. Here are simple instructions for how to register with Etsy in order to set up your own shop and start selling your crafts.
Things You'll Need
- Internet access
- Email account
Starting on Etsy
Visit the website Etsy.com (see References) and click "Register" at the top right of the home page to create an account.
Type in a username (which will also serve as your Etsy shop URL). The name cannot exceed 20 characters.
Choose a password for your account by typing it into the "Password" field, then confirm your password by typing it again in the "Confirm password" field.
Type and retype your email address in the next two fields.
Optionally, in the next three fields, you can sign up to receive Etsy informational emails, explain how you heard about Etsy, and type the name of someone who referred you to Etsy.
Etsy will then send you an e-mail to the account you specified, asking you to click the verification link in the e-mail. (Or, if that link doesn't work, cut and paste the URL into your web browser.)
Sign in and set up your shop after verifying your Etsy account.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure to choose an Etsy username/shop name that reflects the types of products you're planning to sell. Etsy only allows handmade items for sale as well as vintage items (20 years or older) and craft supplies. Etsy charges a listing fee of 20 cents for each item you list in your shop.
- Once your Etsy username/shop name is set, it's difficult to change.
- Photo Credit Pixland/Pixland/Getty Images
How to Open an Etsy Store
Crafters who do not have access to fairs or markets in which to sell their handmade goods, or those who produce items...
How to Set Up Shop on Etsy to Sell Crafts Online
Brooklyn-based online craft bazaar Etsy boasts almost 20 million customers around the globe as of 2015. Buyers flock to the site for...
- How to Make Money On Etsy
- How to Sell on Etsy for Maximum Success
- How to Choose a Good Etsy Shop Name