After creating your Microsoft Word document, click "Save as Web Page" under the "File" tab (located at the top left of your screen).
If you've created a Microsoft Word document that you want to share with your blog readers, you can use Word's "Save as Web Page" option to generate an HTML file for uploading to your web server. Read on to learn how to take advantage of this Word functionality for the Internet.
Things You'll Need
- Microsoft Word word processing software
- File transfer program (such as Filezilla or CuteFTP)
- Web server
- Blogging program (such as Blogger or Wordpress)
- Adobe Reader program (optional)
When the "Save As" window pops up, enter a file name and click the "Save as type" drop-down menu, choosing "Web Page" as the format (file extension .htm or .html), then click "Save." Now you have an HTML copy of your Word document saved to your computer.
Open your file transfer program (such as Filezilla or CuteFTP) and connect to your web server by entering your username, password and connection details (including your server's IP address).
Upload your HTML-formatted Word document by selecting the file with your mouse and dragging it to the web server directory where your web page files are located.
Open your blogging program (Wordpress, Movable Type, Blogger) and use the link button to insert a link to the Word document into your blog entry, providing the complete path to where the file is located (typically displayed as http://www.blogaddress.com/directory/filename.html).
Tips & Warnings
- Another option is converting your Word document to a PDF file to avoid potential problems with page layout. Use Adobe Reader (see Resources) to convert your Word document to a PDF file, then upload the file as explained in Step 5 above. Also, before saving your Word document as an HTML file, you can preview the document in Word by clicking the "File" tab and choosing "Web Page Preview."
- These instructions apply to bloggers who own their own domain. To upload a Word document to your blogging program's web server (Wordpress, Blogger, Movable Type) or to another hosting service, please consult your blogging program's help and/or FAQ documents.
- Photo Credit Medioimages/Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images
How to Upload Word Documents to Wordpress
Founded in 2003, the WordPress software now powers millions of websites and blogs worldwide. Users can use the software as it is,...
How to Import a Word Document Into a WordPress Blog
eHow; Computer Software; Microsoft Word Document Information; Insert Into a Word Document; How to Import a Word Document Into a WordPress Blog
How to Export a Blog to a Word Document
Exporting your blog to a word document is ideal for backing up your work for safekeeping, ... How to Add Word Documents...
How to Post a PDF File on Blogger
The Blogger service allows users to create and manage a blog for free. While it has options for embedding videos and images...
How to Create a Blog Post in Microsoft Word 2010
It’s simple to make a WordPress blog post. If you have a new blog and are just getting started, ... How to...
How to Upload & Share Documents
How to Upload Word Documents Online. Whether it is a college paper or office paperwork, ... eHow Blog; How to by Topic;...
How To Post a Word Document Online
Being able to post a word document online is a valuable skill for office employees and for personal computer users. ... eHow...
How to Add Word Documents to Tumblr Blog Posts
If you prefer to write your blog posts in Word rather than using Tumblr's online interface you will want to move your...
How to Insert a File into a Word Document
How to Insert a File into a Word Document. If you need to place the information from an existing file into your...
How to Upload Files to a Web Server
How to Upload Files to a Web Server. ... your computer files and web server, and preview windows that show you ......
How to Embed a PDF in Blogger
Comments You May Also Like. How to Put a PDF File in My Blog. How to Embed a PDF in Blogger; How...
Directions on Uploading a Word Document to the Internet
Uploading your Microsoft Word document to various file storing websites on the Internet is useful for sharing it quickly with someone else....