Tracking employee performance is easily done through a process of documentation and tracking software. There are several tracking software programs on the market that can be customized to meet individual company needs.
Things You'll Need
- Copy of performance standards
- Performance tracking software
Utilize job descriptions to determine the expected performance standards. Document in writing each time a formal or informal review of job performance is done. Use a tracking software for all performance documentation.
Research the various performance tracking systems. Choose the best system for the company and employee needs. Each meeting regarding performance needs to be entered into the performance tracking system for pay raises and promotions.
Maintain accurate records of each employee's performance. Enter the data when the evaluation is completed. Document any performance improvement plans in the tracking software. Final formal evaluation findings are entered with supervisor comments.
Tips & Warnings
- Ensure that all performance standards are equally assigned.
- Review employee performance monthly or quarterly.
- Follow up on all performance improvement action plan.
- Photo Credit Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images
How to Track Mutual Fund Performance
No matter if you are already a seasoned investor or if you are just getting your feet wet in the investment world,...
How to Create a Performance Tracking System
A performance tracking system is a critical need if you want to show your boss how much you accomplished through out the...
- How to Monitor Employee Performance
- How to Use the Best Tools to Evaluate Employee Performance
How to Track Employee Productivity
When getting ready to initiate employee-tracking software or other devices, take into consideration the role you need it to play. Use perfromance-tracking...
- How to Track Sales Performance
How to Write an Impressive Self-Performance Review
Most companies will have a training and development plan for staff, so occasionally staff members are asked to write a self-performance review....
- How to Track Your Employees' Training
- Business Performance Measurement Tools
- Tools for Monitoring & Evaluation of Job Performance