If your child has blackheads on her face, you're probably desperate for a painless way to treat them. If you take her to a dermatologist, they may use a tool to squeeze the blackheads out, but there are home remedies available that are less painful.
Things You'll Need
- Salicylic acid cleanser
- Honey (optional)
How to Remove Existing Blackheads
Apply a small amount of salicylic acid cleanser to a wet, warm washcloth and gently lather.
Rinse your child's face with warm water.
Rub the washcloth with the cleanser over the affected area on your child's face. This cleanser will exfoliate and remove the dead skin that clogged her pores and caused the blackheads to form.
Rinse your child's face well with warm water.
How to Prevent Blackheads
Give your child 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. This will hydrate your child's skin and prevent bacteria buildup that can lead to blackhead formation.
Avoid giving your child sugary foods and drinks such as candy, sodas or foods that are high in refined carbohydrates such as fries or white bread.
Provide your child with cosmetic products that are not oil-based, if she wears makeup.
Encourage your child to exercise regularly. Exercise can heal some acne problems by increasing blood oxygen circulation in the skin.
Treat your child to an occasional facial to clean out her pores and heal her skin.
Tips & Warnings
- Encourage your child to wash her face after vigorous exercise, as well as once or twice throughout the day.
- If your child's blackheads remain after treatment, try using honey on a wet washcloth instead of salicylic acid cleanser. Your child will need to keep the honey on her face for ten minutes before rinsing.
- Do not scrub too hard when cleaning your child's face. Rigorous scrubbing can push blackheads even deeper into the skin, risking infection.
- Photo Credit Thinkstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
- How to Squeeze Out Blackheads
How to Remove Blackheads From Ears
Blackheads are a form of acne. They look like small yellowish or black bumps or plugs in the pores, and are caused...
How to Find the best blackhead removal tool for You
There are many blackhead removal tool on the market today for you to choose from. This article talks about the best way...
How to Treat Blackheads in a Ten Year Old
Blackheads, which are a form of acne, appear in teenagers often due to hormonal surges. This can happen to pre-teens as young...
How to Do Homemade Blackhead Removal
When removing blackheads at home, begin by steaming the face for two to three minutes, and use tissue or cotton swabs to...