“Rock Band” is a music game that allows players to simulate playing guitar, bass, vocal and drum parts in songs. The game uses a special guitar controller for the guitar and bass parts. Players use a drum controller for the drum parts. You must connect these controllers to the console to make them work with the game. The procedure to sync the controllers is the same for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii versions of the game.
Things You'll Need
- “Rock Band” guitar controller
- “Rock Band” drum controller
- “Rock Band” wireless receiver (excluding Xbox 360 version)
- Wii sensor bar (Wii version only)
Plug the “Rock Band” wireless receiver into the USB port on the console. This is the black or white box with the “Rock Band” logo that came with the controllers. This step is not necessary for the Xbox 360 version of the game.
Turn on the video game console, then turn on the “Rock Band” guitar and drum controllers.
Press the “Sync” button on the video game console or wireless receiver. This is the black button on the wireless receiver for the PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 versions of “Rock Band.” The sync button is located on the sensor bar for the Wii. The sync button is the small white button next to the memory card slot on the Xbox 360.
Press the console button on the guitars and drums within a few seconds of pressing the “Sync” button. The lights will flash for a few seconds. The controller will be connected to the console when only one light is left on.
Tips & Warnings
- You will only need to connect the controllers the first time you use them. You will need to resync the controllers to use the guitar or drums with a different console.
- The guitar and drum controllers have a power switch. Make sure it is turned off when the controllers are not in use to extend the battery life.
- You do not need to be playing “Rock Band” to sync the controllers to the game console. It is useful to have the game on, though, to make sure the controllers are properly connected and recognized by the game.
- Rock Band
- Rock Band: Instruction Manual; 2007
- Photo Credit Jupiterimages/Comstock/Getty Images
How to Sync a Wireless Guitar to a PlayStation 3
The PlayStation 3 plays host to a number of rhythm games that make use of guitar controllers, primarily from the "Rock Band"...
How to Sync a Wireless Guitar With Rock Band for Xbox 360
"Rock Band" is a band simulation video game for a variety of platforms, including the Xbox 360. The game comes with a...
How to Connect Drums in Rock Band for the Wii
"Rock Band 2" lets gamers test their musical mettle as they form a band and tackle 84 challenging songs. Players can choose...
How to Connect Wii Rock Band
The Nintendo Wii is a perfect system for playing party games with your friends, and few games tap its potential like "Rock...
How to Connect the PS3 "Rock Band" Drums to a PC
Physically connecting a PS3 Rock Band drum set to a PC is as easy as plugging the drum set's USB dongle into...