Oxiclean products can be used as a laundry additive or as a stain remover throughout the house. Although the stain remover is available for sale in a spray bottle, you can save money by mixing powdered Oxiclean in your own spray bottle at home. These portable spray bottles can be placed in several areas throughout your home for cleaning anything from fabrics to carpet to lawn furniture.
Things You'll Need
- Oxiclean Stain Remover powder
- Spray bottle, at least 18 ounces
Using the provided scooper, add 1/4 scoop of Oxiclean powder to the spray bottle.
Add 16 ounces of water to the spray bottle.
Tightly screw the top back onto the spray bottle and shake the contents until thoroughly mixed.
To use as a stain remover for fabric, spray the Oxiclean mixture on the stain and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then wash the item.
To remove stains from carpets, spray the affected area until saturated. Wait up to 5 minutes, then blot the area. Repeat as needed, rinse well with water and blot dry, then vacuum when thoroughly dry.
To use on hard surfaces, spray and let stand no more than 5 minutes, then scrub or wipe, rinse with water, and dry.
Tips & Warnings
- Before using it on any fabric or carpet, first test for colorfastness by spraying an inconspicuous spot on the material, rinse, then allow to dry.
- Whether using Oxiclean on fabric or a hard surface, do not allow it to dry on the surface.
- You can store the mixture indefinitely for use as needed, but you will need to shake it thoroughly before using.
How to Make Your Own Anti-Fog Glass and Windshield Spray
You can make an inexpensive anti-fog glass spray to keep your bathroom mirrors and the inside of your car's windshield fog-free. This...
How to Make an OxiClean Paste for Removing Stains
OxiClean is a versatile and powerful stain removal product that many people keep in their cupboards and on their shelves for fighting...
How to Make a Boric Acid Liquid Spray From Powder
Boric acid is commonly used around the house to solve various cleaning and pest control problems. Most commonly sold as a powder,...