People often cleanse their gut to overcome symptoms caused by the overgrowth of candida albicans, a fungus that naturally lives in the small and large intestines. It can be caused by the overuse of antibiotics, corticosteroids, or even a bad diet. Symptoms often include gastritis, yeast infections or autoimmune diseases, such as fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome. The candida fungus can actually perforate the small intestines and cause yeast, toxins, and parasites to leak into the bloodstream and invade body tissues and cells. Candida can also leach into the bloodstream through the colon. Treatment usually includes a change in diet, supplements, and a colon cleanse.
Things You'll Need
- Vegetables, high-protein foods, and gluten- and-sugar-free grains
- Brown rice substitutes for bread, cereal, pasta, and milk
- Two or three garlic cloves
- Pearl probiotics supplement
- Digestive enzymes
- Colon cleansing kit
Cleansing Your Gut
Eat a lot of vegetables, high-protein foods and gluten- and-sugar-free grains such as brown and basmati rice, buckwheat, quinoa, and millet. Eliminate or restrict your intake of gluten-containing foods including commercial breads, pasta, cereal, and milk. Substitute brown rice products for these foods as needed. Eliminate or severely restrict sugar in your diet, too. Continue until your symptoms have been eliminated.
Dice up two or three garlic cloves and mix them with your meals at least three times per day. Continue for four to six weeks.
Take one pearl probiotics pill about fifteen to twenty minutes before each meal. Repeat this procedure every day for four to six weeks.
Take a digestive enzyme supplement with each meal for four to six weeks.
Mix the ingredients from a colon cleansing kit and take as directed for one month.
Tips & Warnings
- Candida albicans thrives on gluten and sugar, so it is best to eliminate these items from your diet, especially if your symptoms are severe. It is difficult to eliminate the candida fungus while eating foods that contain gluten or sugar. Because they contain digestive enzymes, vegetables can actually help kill excess candida. Raw vegetables retain more of these natural enzymes than cooked vegetables. Probiotics can replenish the natural bacteria in your gut, which is usually eroded when you have candida albicans overgrowth. Instead of a colon cleansing kit, you can use colonics or colonic irrigation, which flushes your large intestines with ozonated water. Colonics are usually administered by a colon hydrotherapist, but home units are available, too.
- Do not stop taking any of the supplements until your symptoms have disappeared. If you are just cleansing to lose weight or for health maintenance, use all supplements for maximum benefits.
Intestinal Fungal Infection
Intestinal fungal infection is an underlying factor in many diseases, and because it causes a variety of symptoms it is often misdiagnosed....
How to Do a Lemon Juice Candida Cleanse
Candida is a microscopic yeast that exists in most people's mouths and intestinal tracts. In a person with a healthy immune system,...
Natural Ways to Cleanse Colon and Stomach
Almost everyone knows the importance of a healthy digestive system. When our insides function at their best, it shows in our skin,...