Juicing can boost your adrenal functions by detoxifying and strengthening immune function. Low adrenal glands are often the result of a stressful lifestyle. Juicing helps you heal your adrenal glands by incorporating more liquids into your diet.
Things You'll Need
- Juicer (Vita-Mix brand or other)
- Butter Lettuce
Juices for Weakened Adrenal Glands
Have your physician check your cortisol levels by saliva testing. Low cortisol levels are a sign of adrenal fatigue. Juicing can boost immunity which is depleted when adrenal function is low. It can also provide added nutrients to a diet of irregular, poor and processed foods. Signs of low adrenal glands are fatigue, lack of sleep and a compromised immune system.
Buy only organic and shop at locally owned markets. Do what feels good when you approach juicing as a new routine. Use the kinds of fruits and vegetables that you have to get started juicing.
Wash all your juice ingredients. Make only what you plan to drink immediately. Do not worry about having enough for later. A simple juice that contains phytonutrients and brain protecting-properties is spinach, broccoli, sprouts and apple.
To make stress reduction juice, combine 1/4 head of butter lettuce, a carrot, tomato and celery. Lettuce contains potassium, phosphorus and vitamin A. These have a sedative effect and promote natural endorphins that make you feel good.
Consider what ways you can best adapt juicing to fit your routine. Juicing for low adrenal glands addresses other issues like weight control, hormone balancing, stress reduction and immune support.
Tips & Warnings
- Increased energy and stamina are by-products of juicing, but re-organizing your daily dietary regime should not be a source of guilt. Slowly change your source of water from sodas, coffee or diet drinks to fresh-made juices.
- Reducing stress is a priority for low adrenal glands or low cortisol levels. If you cannot make time for juicing at home, stop by a local juice/smoothie bar and get their recommendations.
- Gerson Institute: Healing Your Body With the Gerson Therapy
- "Food as Medicine;" Khalsa, Dharma Singh, 2003
- "Textbook of Medical Physiology;" Guyton and Hall, 2000
The Best Foods for Cancer Patients
A diet that focuses on a variety of vegetables, fruits and whole grains can be beneficial to cancer patients because many of...
How to Juice for Arthritis & Severe Fatigue
While there still is no cure for arthritis and some forms of fatigue, there are a few things you can try at...
Foods to Eat for Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue is a collection of symptoms that result when your adrenal glands function at a lower level than normal. Adrenal fatigue...