Eyeliner is a great tool to enhance the shape of your eye. Learning a few simple techniques and choosing the right colors can create a variety of looks. The main purpose of eyeliner is to make eyelashes look thicker, but there are some tricks that can enhance the eye shape as well.
There are three main eye shapes; oval, round and almond. Here are some ideas that can help you to make the most of what you have.
Things You'll Need
- Light highlighting shadow
Making the Most of Eye Shape
Oval-shaped eyes are the ideal and can handle most any liner styling. To highlight this enviable shape, line the entire top lid, extending a little beyond the outer corner for a little added drama. Line the lower rims as well for evening.
Round eyes can tend to protrude a little. This can be minimized with liner. Start liner at about the middle of the upper lid, extending it beyond the outer corner and under the lower rim. Stop at the middle of the lower lid.
Almond eyes can look small and narrow. The key is to use liner to open the eyes up and make them look larger. Dark liner should be confined to the top lid and a little beyond the outer corner. Avoid lining the lower lid with dark liner. To open the eye, apply white liner to the inner rim.
Tips & Warnings
- Small or narrow eyes can look more open by using an eyelash curler and plenty of black mascara
- Navy liner or mascara can make the whites of the eyes look brighter.
- Widen close-set eyes with light shadow in the inner corner.
- Balance wide set eyes with light shadow on the outer brow bone.