Blizzard Entertainment's, World of Warcraft (WoW), which by all statistics is the most popular online game of all time, has a growing subscriber base of more than 12 million players. However, how many of those subscriptions are actually the same person with multiple accounts? This is a hard question to answer, as a single player can create multiple accounts and play them at the same time, on the same computer or the one next to him, all through a single Battle.net account.
Things You'll Need
- Battle.net account
- Multiple retail versions of World of Warcraft
- Computer with Internet access
- Monthly subscription (one per account)
Creating Multiple World of Warcraft Accounts
Purchase multiple retail copies of World of Warcraft (WoW). Keep in mind, you will need a unique CD Key for each account you create. For example, if you plan on creating four accounts, then you will need to purchase four retail versions of World of Warcraft.
Open one of the retail versions of World of Warcraft and locate the CD Key, usually found on the disc sleeve.
Log into your existing Battle.net account and click on "Add or Upgrade a Game". A new window will open prompting you to enter your new game key.
Type the CD Key exactly as it appears in the "Enter Game Key" area, then click "Add Game." The new retail version of World of Warcraft is now added to your single Battle.net account. You will receive your first 30 days of play free. However, within those 30 days you will need to set up your monthly payment options to continue playing.
Launch World of Warcraft on your computer. When the login screen appears, log in with your Battle.net account information. You will then be prompted to choose the account you would like to load.
Tips & Warnings
- If multiple people play in your home, then they need to have individual Battle.net accounts and a unique version of the game registered to each. If you attempt sharing them all from one Battle.net account, then a roommate or child logging in can play on any account associated with that Battle.net account.
- If you plan on running two instances of WoW simultaneously on one computer, then verify your computer has the processing speed to handle the additional strain on the system's memory and graphics card.
- If you have two different characters on the same account, you can still not play them at the same time. You can only play characters that are unique to different accounts at the same time.
- Each registered version of the game requires a monthly subscription fee to play. So not only does registering multiple accounts require you to buy multiple versions of the game for unique CD Keys, but it also requires you to pay a monthly subscription for each account.
How to Combine Two WoW Accounts
"World of Warcraft" is an immensely popular online role-playing game, with over 11 million players worldwide. Some players may have characters on...
How to Configure Email for an iPod Touch
Every iPod Touch comes with an e-mail reading application built right in. Configure e-mail for an iPod Touch with help from an...