How to Obtain a Work Visa in Israel


If you are visiting Israel on a tourist visa, it is also possible to apply for a working visa in order to hold a professional occupation and extend your stay. The application process is quite simple as long as you have already negotiated a contract with an Israeli employer. The Ministry of Interior in Israel is solely responsible for issuing and extending visas. The working visa has limitations but is a great way to experience a profession in Israel for a period of time.

Things You'll Need

  • Employment contract with Israeli employer
  • Medical insurance certificate
  • Valid passport

Review the occupations open to migrant workers to verify that you are qualified for a trade in Israel. The following are available to working visa applicants: agriculture, construction, ethnic cookery, industrial work, hospitality and nursing care.

Contact the visa department at the Jerusalem or Tel-Aviv branch of the Ministry of Interior. The offices can be reached by telephone or e-mail.

Indicate that you would like to apply for a B-1 visa (temporary work permit). It can be valid up to 54 months but must be extended with the Ministry of Interior after 1 year.

Complete the "entry visa to Israel for a purpose of work" application by downloading it from the Israel government website (see Resources). Also provide a valid medical insurance certificate and a passport with at least 6 months validity remaining.

Allow up to a few months for your B-1 visa to be authorized by the Ministry. Consult the visa department for individual costs and processing fees.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet


You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

How to Travel For Free With Reward Points

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!