American Eagle Outfitters is a clothing brand launched in 1977. Over the years, it added Aerie, a line of women's lingerie, and 77kids, a children's clothing line. As of 2014, AEO has over 1,000 stores in 12 countries, and has become a leading brand among the college set for its jeans and casual styling. AEO's models have a distinctive look as well: all-American, fresh faces with a youthful, clean appeal.
Joining the Models
American Eagle Outfitters recruits its models from modeling agencies like The IT Factor Productions. You can apply to The IT Factor by visiting its website, filling out a submission form and uploading a good photo of yourself. You'll be contacted if the agency is interested in representing you. Additionally, AEO is active in recruiting new models for a number of projects. It regularly runs the Live Your Life contest, through which aspiring models can submit photos to the company. Each contest has a different theme and prize; the August 2014 theme, for example, was jeans, and $1,000 was the prize. AEO also had a casting call in 2014 for a Web series.
- American Eagle Outfitters Blog: Project Live Your Life: I'm Perfect Edition
- The It Factor Productions: Modeling for American Eagle Outfitters
- Huffington Post: Aerie's Unretouched Ads "Challenge Supermodel Standards" for Young Women
- American Eagle Outfitters Blog: Meet Your Project Live Your Life Winners
- American Eagle Outfitters: Investor Information
- Casting Call Hub: American Eagle Web Series -- MTV
- Photo Credit Victor Chavez/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images