American Eagle Outfitters is a clothing brand launched in 1977. Over the years, it added Aerie, a line of women's lingerie, and 77kids, a children's clothing line. As of 2014, AEO has over 1,000 stores in 12 countries, and has become a leading brand among the college set for its jeans and casual styling. AEO's models have a distinctive look as well: all-American, fresh faces with a youthful, clean appeal.
Joining the Models
American Eagle Outfitters recruits its models from modeling agencies like The IT Factor Productions. You can apply to The IT Factor by visiting its website, filling out a submission form and uploading a good photo of yourself. You'll be contacted if the agency is interested in representing you. Additionally, AEO is active in recruiting new models for a number of projects. It regularly runs the Live Your Life contest, through which aspiring models can submit photos to the company. Each contest has a different theme and prize; the August 2014 theme, for example, was jeans, and $1,000 was the prize. AEO also had a casting call in 2014 for a Web series.
- American Eagle Outfitters Blog: Project Live Your Life: I'm Perfect Edition
- The It Factor Productions: Modeling for American Eagle Outfitters
- Huffington Post: Aerie's Unretouched Ads "Challenge Supermodel Standards" for Young Women
- American Eagle Outfitters Blog: Meet Your Project Live Your Life Winners
- American Eagle Outfitters: Investor Information
- Casting Call Hub: American Eagle Web Series -- MTV
- Photo Credit Victor Chavez/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images
How to Become a JCPenney's Model
**JCPenney hires models through approved modeling agencies** in each of its key cities: New York, Dallas, Houston, Miami and Los Angeles. These...
How to Become a Model for Hollister
Hollister is a fashion company and a brand of Abercrombie & Fitch that sells trendy clothes. With the popularity of the Southern...
How to Change the Battery in an American Eagle AE22 Safe
The American Eagle 22 is a gun safe manufactured by Cannon Safe. It can hold up to 24 guns and weighs 525...
- How to Become an American Girl Doll Model
- How to Tell Fake American Eagle Outfitters
- Modeling Opportunities in Houston
American Eagle Scholarships
Worn by many high school and college students, apparel from American Eagle Outfitters offers casual clothing targeted toward a young demographic. With...
Salary of an American Eagle Outfitters Manager
American Eagle Outfitters has more than 900 retail locations throughout the U.S. and Canada including an online store. The brand targets 15-...