How to Submit a Change of Address


The United States Postal Service offers several convenient ways to submit a change of address. You can change your address online, by telephone or by visiting a post office. It's best to submit your change of address at least one week prior to moving, to ensure all your mail is forwarded.

Things You'll Need

  • Credit or debit card (optional)
  • Form 3575 (optional)
  • Visit the USPS website to submit your change of address online. Scroll over the "Receiving Mail" tab and choose "Change Your Address." Read over the privacy statement and click on "Click Here to Begin."

  • Choose a "Permanent" or "Temporary" change of address. If you plan on moving back to your old address within 12 months, choose "Temporary," otherwise, choose "Permanent."

  • Enter the date you want your change of address to take effect. You can choose a date up to three months in the future. Click "Continue" when you are finished.

  • Choose the type of address change. You can choose "Individual" for an individual move, or "Family" for a family move. If you choose "Family" move, all mail with the family's last name will be forwarded. Click "Continue" when you are finished.

  • Enter your full name, old address, new address and email address. Click "Continue" when you are finished.

  • Enter your credit- or debit-card number. Your card will be charged $1 for verification purposes. Click "Complete" when you are finished.

Tips & Warnings

  • You can also change your address at a post office. Pick up Form 3575, fill it out and slip into the outgoing mail slot.
  • You can also change your address over the telephone. Contact the USPS at 1-800-275-8777 to change your address by telephone. Phone submissions, like online submissions, are subject to a $1 verification charge.

Related Searches


Promoted By Zergnet



You May Also Like

Related Searches

Check It Out

4 Credit Myths That Are Absolutely False

Is DIY in your DNA? Become part of our maker community.
Submit Your Work!