When the ink tube of a Bic pen explodes in your shirt or jean pocket, you might be inclined to just throw the clothing away, fearing the stain will never come out. A simple occurrence, such as a change in air pressure or environments of extreme heat can cause a Bic pen to leak and soil your clothing. There are ways to stop this from happening. Be sure to cap your pen after each use, treat the pen with some care; do not shake, twist or strongly tap it on a hard surface, and never leave pens in a hot car. If you are flying, turn the pen right-side up to equalize air pressure changes in the ink cartridge. If your pen does spring a leak, there are ways to remove it, depending what type of ink the pen held.
Things You'll Need
- Alcohol-based hairspray (aerosol or pump)
- Absorbent paper towels
- Absorbent white rag
How to Remove Bic Pen Ink Stains
Place paper towel under the stain area to catch excess ink.
Saturate ink stain with hairspray.
Blot stain with rag. Do not rub. Repeat as often as needed.
Launder as usual.
Tips & Warnings
- Get to the stain while it is still fresh for best results.
- If you don't have hairspray, use rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover. Just follow the same steps as with hairspray.
- If the ink is water-based, you can use an all-purpose cleaner instead of hairspray.
- Check with a professional cleaning company if the above methods do not remove the ink stain.
- Test hair spray or all-purpose cleaner on a concealed area of fabric before applying to stain to make sure products do not harm clothing. Read labels carefully.
What Ink Is Used in Bic Pens?
In 1945, Marcel Bich, founder of Bic Corp., began producing fountain pens in France. Just five years later, he introduced his first...
How to Remove Ballpoint Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
It always seems to happen when you forget to store your ballpoint pens in a pocket protector -- the cartridge leaks an...
How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
Ink from marking pens can be difficult to get out. Here is an option for those plagued with either permanent or non-permanent...
How to Remove Bic Ink From Clothes
The Bic pen is a staple at any office, school or home. You could find one in a student's backpack just as...
How to Remove Bic White Out From Fabric
Removing stains is one of the most difficult parts of laundry care. To successfully remove stains, you must take into account the...