The hardest part about changing the battery in a digital safe is finding where it is. But don't worry, it's not inside. The battery compartment is under the keypad, and has a little tiny hole for removal. If you don't have a jeweler's screwdriver that is small enough, you can use a straightened-out paper clip. The battery is a 9 volt.
Things You'll Need
- Jeweler's screwdriver or paper clip
- 9-volt battery
Insert the jeweler's screwdriver or paper clip into the small hole in the plastic panel, just below the keypad and to the right of the keyhole.
Slide the panel to the right.
Carefully pull the old battery out.
Carefully unsnap the wire connector from of the old battery. The connections are like clothing snaps and just pull off.
Snap the connector onto the new battery. Be sure to observe polarity--it will fit only one way.
Carefully put the new battery into the battery compartment, storing the wires out of the way of the cover.
Insert the cover in its slots, and slide it back into place with the jeweler's screwdriver or the paper clip.
Tips & Warnings
- To see a picture of the hole in the battery cover, go to www.sentrysafe.com/customerCare/safeMovies.aspx#elwk. Scroll down the page to "Electronic Lock Tutorial." Play any of the three videos, depending on your computer plug-ins. Pause the video at 40 seconds. You will see the hole just under the keypad and to the right of the keyhole.
- Use an alkaline or a lithium battery so you won't have to change it again for a long time.
- Be careful not to break the wires on the battery connector when handling the old or the new battery.
- Observe polarity when you connect the new battery. The connector will only fit one way.
- Be careful not to crimp the battery wires when replacing the battery compartment cover.
How to Break Into a Safe
If you lose the combination to your safe, you may consider breaking into it. Caper films allow you to observe burglars breaking...
How to Change the Battery in a Browning Gun Safe
Most gun owner's will tell you that keeping your guns safely locked up is the key to preventing accidents. For home-defense purposes,...
How to Open PetSafe RFA-67 and Put In Batteries
Totally invisible and safe, the PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System and the RFA-67 collar keep your pet within the boundaries of an...
- How to Open a Digital Keypad Safe
Instructions for an Electronic Digital Safe
Electronic digital safes can keep your valuables behind a numerical lock to protect them from burglary and fire. These safes work on...
How to Change the Battery in an American Eagle AE22 Safe
The American Eagle 22 is a gun safe manufactured by Cannon Safe. It can hold up to 24 guns and weighs 525...
How to Replace Batteries in a Sentry Safe
Replace all four of the alkaline batteries in a Sentry safe when you see the product's battery icon light up.
How to Troubleshoot a Sentry A5781 Safe
The Sentry A5781 safe features an electronic lock. It is big enough to store your valuables, including money and jewelry. A battery...
How to Replace the Battery on My Champion Safe
Champion gun safes are very high quality and most have a 2-hour fire rating. High-end models have battery-operated keypad combination locks. As...
How to Change Batteries on an S&G 6120
The Sargent and Greenleaf 6120 is an electronic combination lock that is used on safes. The lock can be opened by the...